Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hawthorn Game needs to move to Homebush

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Sell standing only tickets in the rubble.

Makes sense but will leave it for the first final.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I can rent my lap out for those who haven't got seats. Please send photos.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Not when it's full. If you were there for Australia v Uruguay you wouldn't say that.
    And for some bizarre unexplainable reason the final at ANZ vs North (?) with only 19,000 in attendance managed to create atmosphere too.

The crowd atmosphere at the SCG this year is a bit patchy anyway - which is either due to the construction or just the way the games have gone - maybe a combination of both. I'd say a big game at ANZ might just edge out the SCG for atmosphere this year. We'll found out in a couple of weeks. Hmmm - am now thinking I have a decibel meter app on my phone - maybe I can correlate crowd volume to Jetta's possessions.

In any case a win trumps atmosphere and while both grounds are unique shapes that the Swans play well, I'd give a clear advantage to the SCG.

I'll be there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    2 person love seat ??

I'll take the rubble at the SCG.... HOME OF THE SWANS......over that Olympic calamity, every day of the week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Spoken truly like someone that has tickets to the game :P

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Spoken truly like someone that has tickets to the game :P
    Yeah...like a loyal, long serving, year in year out member.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I don't know why the Hawks game was allocated to the SCG in the first place. The ground is too small for the crowd it would pull anyway. At the moment it is tiny for a Swans/Hawks game. The atmosphere is crap at the moment at the SCG and a lot of people are staying away because of the rubble. The other thing is the very limited GA at the SCG this season gets rid of a whole lot of the non-wealthy. When the tickets suddenly go from $28 for GA to $40 for Gold it suddenly gets a bit expensive for a weekly outing for many people. So I think it is the AFL & Tickatek who are to blame for any games not full this season.

Goes up to 11
    The SCG may be bruised and bloodied and not currently looking its best but it's our home and I love it.

Senior Player
    Logistics make tHis just wishful thinkinG. Catering contracts,ground contract with SCG, even contracts with SCG only members are not
    left open to negotiation.Ain't gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Built for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Yeah...like a loyal, long serving, year in year out member.
    yes, that is fair enough, but I like attending with friends who may not be members (as yet) so I think I'm doing my fair bit in trying to drive memberships numbers. I think it's important for the financial position of the club for them to grow memberships to a sustainable number and their near-term target is 40,000. That number is going to be hard to reach if people aren't able to experience it in an affordable manner before becoming hooked on the experience and becoming loyal, long serving, year in year out members.

It appears that you missed the point that I was implying that you were lucky to have tickets for all the people that you wanted to attend, and decided to take it as a barb. But I guess how you react is totally up to you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast