Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hawthorn Game needs to move to Homebush

no thanks cost me enough for my tickets airfare and accommodation

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Prefer SCG but ultimately don't care. I'll go wherever they play.
    I agree with you on this.

I think it would be great to see us having a run out at Skoda against someone like Port or Freo. I can't see why we couldn't arrange to swap a suitable home game with the Giants, perhaps when they're more established.

No one is suggesting the SCG is not our home ground. But it's obvious from some of these posts we have a lot of insecure SCG supporters.

On the Rookie List
    How did this become a thread about Skoda!
    That's the last place to play a game. We should play the Hawks at Anz because of its capacity.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
    How did this become a thread about Skoda!
    That's the last place to play a game. We should play the Hawks at Anz because of its capacity.
    It would be Simply Clever to play it at Skoda. They have $3:90 chips, Subway, kebabs, great meat pies and fancy wok place.

The football would compliment the menu alternatives.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    SCG is also a totally hole!!!
    Cinder is what $6.50??? Beer, mid strength $6.00 something??
    And as for getting half decent food, forget that!
    They should allows us to bring our own BBQs and eskies, so we can something nice to eat and hand out some decent beers like Coopers.
    I am happy to paid big dollars for that, and the atmosphere would be so much better around the BBQ with your mates!!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I agree with you on this.

I think it would be great to see us having a run out at Skoda against someone like Port or Freo. I can't see why we couldn't arrange to swap a suitable home game with the Giants, perhaps when they're more established.

No one is suggesting the SCG is not our home ground. But it's obvious from some of these posts we have a lot of insecure SCG supporters.
    NFI clearly

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    It would be Simply Clever to play it at Skoda. They have $3:90 chips, Subway, kebabs, great meat pies and fancy wok place.

The football would compliment the menu alternatives.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Cinder is what $6.50??? Beer, mid strength $6.00 something??
    And as for getting half decent food, forget that!
    They should allows us to bring our own BBQs and eskies, so we can something nice to eat and hand out some decent beers like Coopers.
    I am happy to paid big dollars for that, and the atmosphere would be so much better around the BBQ with your mates!!
    You should move to south Africa. It's 40 years behind also

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I think that's called the MCG carpark and the Melbourne FC supporters. They enjoy tanking up for games
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I could see us playing preseason or practice games at Skoda - we've already done it at Rooty Hill. Useful when cricket keeps us off the SCG, and it's actually a nice little venue to boot. Won't happen for premiership points obviously.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Okay, I screwed up and didn't organise tickets early enough. And I humbly apologise for infecting the thread with cyber-begging. PM me and I'll sell my first-born for 2 tix (or details from a non-attending member that would allow me to purchase them). Actually, it's to attend with my 6 yo daughter who is my first-born, so that wasn't an entirely workable offer. Unless you take delivery of her after the game is over.

(And yes, I know it's shameful I'm not a member, but ever since the arrival of children I realistically get to 3 games a year or fewer, and that's just how it is. About to hopefully enter the golden years of attending footy as a bonding father/daughter experience-- she's showing real potential!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Next season it would be good to move some of the smaller crowd pulling teams like dogs/Roos/Freo/port to Skoda rather than ANZ.
    Like to play there. Nice ground.
    Prefer SCG but ultimately don't care. I'll go wherever they play.
    Skoda??
    Serious??
    That's just crazy talk.
    I didn't know we were forming an allegience with the Greatest Waste (of) Space.
    Last place I'd want to play OUR game is their home ground.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast