Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australia's Most Popular Football Club

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    They didnt ask me so thats a 1,000,001

Quote Originally Posted by supersall View Post
    Don't discount the fact that for the Melbourne based club supporters, we are most likely to be their preferred interstate team. I had a lovely Geelong supporter (not quite an oxymoron) at the SCG game who calmed me down during the 'scare' in the last quarter by telling me if the Cats can't do it, the Swans have to.
    p.s Win the flag I mean
    You are quite right Sall, I had a Saints supporter say the very same thing to me at the game the other week.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I was speaking to a 35 year old Grandmother who supports the Pies and they hate us. I think that's what she said. With her dentures sold on eBay she was a little hard to understand.
    Not only are we the most popular team, but our fans are the nicest and most civic-minded as well. People like Big Al taking time out of their busy days to visit people in prison - gee that's heartwarming....

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Interesting that of a million fans, 18% said they had gone to a game in the previous 12 months.
    That would be 180,000 fans. Where in Sydney? Some people

More interesting is the change in supporters since 2001. Sydney -16.7% and only 1.4% growth since June 2010

GWS have had a 100% increase in supporters during the same time. That makes GWS the more popular team in Sydney based on growth rate.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Full data here

[Roy Morgan Research] Roy Morgan Press Releases

Interesting that of a million fans, 18% said they had gone to a game in the previous 12 months.
    An AFL game, not necessarily a Swans game. Clearly a lot of non-Sydney based Swans fans out there.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    That would be 180,000 fans. Where in Sydney? Some people

More interesting is the change in supporters since 2001. Sydney -16.7% and only 1.4% growth since June 2010

GWS have had a 100% increase in supporters during the same time. That makes GWS the more popular team in Sydney based on growth rate.
    Exactly why these stats are complete crap. They mean absolutely nothing

yeh I think you'll find the Melbourne Storm are Australia's most followed rugby league club too.

Senior Player
    Nah, Broncos well ahead, Storm second just ahead of St George. Morgan do both on their sport surveys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12