Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geelong v Hawthorn

Geelong v Hawthorn

The worst umpired game I've seen in a long time. Incomprehensible free kicks that seemed to favour Hawthorn. The umpiring has ruined a great game of football.

Regular in the Side
    I still enjoyed it - especially the result but yes, the umpiring was terrible.

His good was that??? Hawkins you beauty!!!! Thank you Geelong!!'

Sensational game of footy! We will need to be on our toes big time against both those teams when we meet them in the regular rounds and then perhaps in the finals.

Can be 2 games clear of 4th place on the ladder with a win on Sunday - so important we get the 4 points on Sunday, will be a big step towards top 2 and top 4.

Geelong will not die slowly... no doubt they aren't the team they once were, but I reckon they are the last team you want to play come finals time.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Anyone keen to not give upon Jesse after seeing "small eyes" hawkins performance tonight? Imagine Reid and a Hawkins-like Jesse fwd combo....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    ..., but I reckon they are the last team you want to play come finals time.
    Prefer cats over crows ATM, at least we have beaten cats recently ;-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Game of the year, regardless, I'd say.

Clearly being written off by Walls is great motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Anyone keen to not give upon Jesse after seeing "small eyes" hawkins performance tonight? Imagine Reid and a Hawkins-like Jesse fwd combo....
    Jesse isn't a patch on Hawkins sad to say - Hawkins is going from strength to strength - Jesse just isn't. And we should all know by now - never under estimate Geelong .
    Last edited by Wardy; 4th August 2012 at 12:30 AM.

Tipping Hawthorn to beat Geelong is like tipping Hay List to beat Black Caviar ... the odds are right, but the form doesn't lie!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A really enjoyable game to watch, I did feel for Schoenmakers- I imagine he was pretty gutted. I've been wondering for a while when an arsey kick like the one Puopolo tried was going to come back and bite someone on the bum.

Great finish, poor Stella junior was coming off a big week and fell asleep on the lounge with about 5 minutes to go then was irrationally livid as I ferried him off to bed that I hadn't woken him up to see the end.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I'd be livid too, Stella.....
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep, the following morning he was still on at me about and I had to concede that it was kinda slack of me!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast