Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geelong just made our top 2 chances a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Im worried about the carlton game.
    My worry is our forward defence. If our forwards allow easy ball out, they can utilise their quick forwards on the rebound. A forward line of TDL, LRT, mcglynn and a resting mummy/pyke is a rebounding nightmare. TDL does not work hard enough and LRT & mummy/pyke can't chase down speedsters. We either make a late change (TDL out) or we drastically restructure forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    My worry is our forward defence. If our forwards allow easy ball out, they can utilise their quick forwards on the rebound. A forward line of TDL, LRT, mcglynn and a resting mummy/pyke is a rebounding nightmare. TDL does not work hard enough and LRT & mummy/pyke can't chase down speedsters. We either make a late change (TDL out) or we drastically restructure forward line.
    Agree with Reid out its going be interesting - but all of them are going to have step up because you never know which Blues team is going to turn up on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Agree with Reid out its going be interesting - but all of them are going to have step up because you never know which Blues team is going to turn up on the day.
    They will be desperate, if they lose, they are out of finals. We need to be on top of them early

They will be desperate, if they lose, they are out of finals. We need to be on top of them early
    indeed they will be. I'm nervous as all get out about this match.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    indeed they will be. I'm nervous as all get out about this match.
    Dont worry I will have a couple of settlers at the pub before the game, it will be fine!

Senior Player
    Tipped the result and margin, won 60 bucks on the result, and Sydney gain some breathing room on them. Nice night really.

Warming the Bench

Switched in and out and fortunately got the last 10 minutes. Hope we can play as well as that when it matters. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Dont worry I will have a couple of settlers at the pub before the game, it will be fine!
    I will have a nice little Pinot gris and some cheese just to calm the nerves before and during the match- I could be a slurring idiot by 3/4 time - its doesn't take much or long these days!;-)

Lordy and I was feeling quite bolshi for eyeing off my party pack of popcorn! And a decorous amount of iced tea.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I think the majority of our forward defence is now supplied by some of the mids running into the f50 anyway. It's really up to the talls to provide the contest to get it to ground if they can't mark it and hope that some smalls have arrived in time
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I think the majority of our forward defence is now supplied by some of the mids running into the f50 anyway. It's really up to the talls to provide the contest to get it to ground if they can't mark it and hope that some smalls have arrived in time
    That is true, but we still need to apply pressure on the way out. You can't expect to score everytime you go inside 50. The important part is either holding in for a second/multiple attempts or slowing it down to allow the mids to setup in defence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12