Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for rd20 vs collingwood

Just wild about Harry
    Oh poo! Seems like someone already suggested this in another thread.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Anyone care to comment on LTR's development as a forward? ...a running goal, if you don't mind. Struth, I almost coughed up my new teeth. Perhaps he has been ready some of the posts here and is trying to win us over. ...
    I looked at the video of LRT's running goal, on the club website, and one of the three contenders for Play of the Day. I share your enthusiasm for the goal on the run, and started thinking about how he came to be in position. I suspect that he has become a good reader of the game over the years in defence, saw which way the ball was headed and made sure that he was handy when Jetts came to a roadblock. Great effort.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Surely we can beat the Pies this week with Swan out - everybody will tip us now - so even bigger test for us to handle the pressure of expectation

Pushing for Selection
    OUT jude, pyke (if injured
    IN Meredith, white
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Out: LRT
    In: TDL, nipper, Mitchell, Morton, sphanger, anyone with 2 legs near a reserves game.

Just for consistency

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Yes bring back Andrej the Giant and Armstrong.

Nick Smith to the centres.

I thought Goodes has to be carrying an injury as he had no speed yesterday.

I hope Mattner and McGlynn are made to sit through their clanger tape from yesterday. We'll be flogged if they repeat that next week.
    Yep i agree about Goodes, But lets hope Goodsie is saving his best for the Finals.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Surely we can beat the Pies this week with Swan out - everybody will tip us now - so even bigger test for us to handle the pressure of expectation
    Call me a pessimist, but I worry that the high emotions surrounding the suspension might spur the remainder of the Collingwood players on. Nevertheless, Swans to beat the Pies,(minus Swan), by 2 points.

In: White, Armstrong
    Out: Pyke, Bolton

In: Armstrong
    Out: Bolton

Maybe Shaw gets pushed into the midfield for a tagging role (which he has successfully done before), Craig Bird goes in as a defensive, but potent forward (Jude's role) and Tony gets Rhyce's running role.

Hopefully Pyke is okay!

Also here's an interview with Jack:

Kieran Jack on SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Out: LRT
    In: TDL, nipper, Mitchell, Morton, sphanger, anyone with 2 legs near a reserves game.

Just for consistency
    I don't understand! Dirtyburt - are you really suggesting TDL in, or has someone hacked your account?

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have any solid news on Reidy?
    Was anyone at training Friday to see him with the main group?
    If this is the case then I'd pop him into the starting line up for Jude.
    Marty can wear the vest this week and give TDL a chance.
    This is the game Trent needs to step up - as his last two have shown not much (although playing as a sub last week makes it hard to shine).
    Love to see Parks get some solid time in the middle now that he has a few games back under the belt.
    Jude will be back for the Cats game IMHO.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Call me a pessimist, but I worry that the high emotions surrounding the suspension might spur the remainder of the Collingwood players on. Nevertheless, Swans to beat the Pies,(minus Swan), by 2 points.
    Pessimist...............

It seems that it was the leadership group that gave him the boot. You would think everyone else would be really annoyed with him. There has to be more to the story than has been told. Was he out with Libba?

Perhaps on the otherhand, they are so arrogant that they banned him the 2 weeks thinking that they can beat Sydney without him and Norf but would struggle against West Coast in Perth.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast