Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Changes for rd20 vs collingwood

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Our perennial problem since BBBH was let go has re-emerged. We have goal scorers across the field but pulled out of context and matched against other front-running teams, the dedicated forward line is not our strength. I'd like to see Morton given a chance before the finals. Maybe against the Bulldogs?

If Morton stepped up, the combination with Reid, TDL and the resters, drifters and sneaks (Goodes, LRT, Pyke, Mummy, Benny and ROK and the list could go on) would look threatening (particularly when you add the brilliance on-goal of Kizza, Hanners and Jets). Very strong just about everywhere but "on paper", we are not quite there yet in the forward line IMHO.

Agreed!!

The swans (team) have all been raving about LRT's forward line role this year. I think they see him as the key forward we need.

Would be reassuring if he could kick a bag of 6 or so before the finals started.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Same could be said of Goodes? Don't think he's kicked 6 this year either.

If Goodes and LRT both kick six Saturday night I might start getting excited about the chance of us winning the premiership. And enjoy celebrating a win over the Maggies.

We have had players develop in every position but as power forwards. I think White and Walsh (with Reid) were the plan but haven't developed as hoped... yet.... and would have to think at least on of them is running out of time.

Fortunatley, the game plan we have works well without a dominant power forward and I am probably in the minority who think LRT does a good job when forward and is getting better. I also really like the look of Pyke in the forward line and would love to see him spend more time there but understand why he can't.

The changes that Swans_Premiers suggested in the first post of this thread are the ones I'd like to see this weekend.

Changes done Ratna Everett in for the injured Bolts. Everett will will be the sub I would think. TDL is a rotten sub. He is much better left on the field and giving him a chance to play himself in. I hope he looked at my comments on him in the McNeil thread. I believe he has to get a balance between the new defensive skills he has learned and his natural attacking instinct. I would love to see him do some of the spectacular stuff today, like the palms over the back to a player running by, knocking the ball over the head of an opposition player to himself for a goal, miracle goals, sidesteps etc the list goes on.

Good call Wolftone - I reckon you see it pretty good mate. Come on the hyphens !!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Everitt for Bolton

Emg: Gordon Spangher Armstrong
    Armstrong not playing in the reserves, other two are playing (in first half, at least).
    Ugg also tweets that its bloody cold out there.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Armstrong not playing in the reserves, other two are playing (in first half, at least).
    Ugg also tweets that its bloody cold out there.
    Armstrong in for Everitt.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789