Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Colless warns we can't keep up with big clubs

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Unless I'm very much mistaken the club doesn't get that $65 Al, some goes to the opposition but the biggest slice goes to the AFL.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Unless I'm very much mistaken the club doesn't get that $65 Al, some goes to the opposition but the biggest slice goes to the AFL.
    It would be very interesting to learn what the break up is of those ticket sales. Might do some research today to find out. I'll make it look like work so the boss doesn't think I'm slacking off.....again.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I have no clue whether Colless has done a good job or not simply because I'm not privvy to the inner workings of the club. However while the club isn't perfect its certainly a club that is the envy of the competition and the people who have run the club over the years deserve kudos for that.
    Agree. Can't believe anyone could bag him.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    A few years ago (probably 10 or more) they changed the rule that most of the walk-up money went to the home club (minus stadium costs). That may have changed, but Ive havent heard of any changes.

Thats why strugglers like norf always request home games against collingwood.... where 30,000 walk-ups attend.

Warming the Bench
    I still reckon a luxary tax on the football department could work. Just for example going over a certain figure like 2 million more then the average for example would need to pay 40% of what it is over to the afl who then distribute the funds to clubs who really need it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345