Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    All I know is..Goodes was embarrassing for me here in Pittsburgh..trying to turn people on to the game...
    Make sure they get memberships to ANZ.

Goodes playing injured but he didn't lose the game on his own.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    He didn't kick 16 behinds all on his own!
    Remember, the elderly heal slower, and he's still not quite right.
    I am happy to carry him into the finals ... he certainly carried us often enough in the past!

Prediction ... he will be the X Factor in September, and turn a game like tonight's, when it REALLY matters!
    He's been a rubbish set shot his entire career. Injury and age have nothing to do with it.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

i dont think it is really possible to turn form around like that. lets be honest here. how many games this season has he even been in the top ten players for the swans. my gut instinct is adelaide only. i think he has been struggling all year. my view is that this is because he isnt a forward, but is being made to play as such.

He doesn't have the tank to play more than a cameo in the midfield anymore so its forward or retire really.

Regular in the Side
    He wasn't jumping again tonight and can't run as fast. It has to be a carry over from his injury, as both marking and speed are usually his strong points.

Just not the old Adam Goodes but hopefully he'll come good before the Geelong and Hawthorn games.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    He would be very dissapointed in many of those efforts tonight. The direct kick to a Pies player was the worst, have no idea what was going on there.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Goes up to 11
    Give Goodsey a vest next week perhaps? He's looking a bit top-heavy to me and he certainly doesn't have the run. He's not a key forward either - he's a midfielder and if he can't run out a full game, put him on as an impact player partway through....

On the Rookie List
    Goodes had a shocker.It happens but when he put his hand up to take the shot that could have won us the game the collective groan amongst the Swans fans was noticeable. The number of turnovers he gave Collingwood was embarassing and whoever was on him ran off him all night.Longmire gave him a tongue lashing but it was too late.Down the other end Cloke had a shocker too but could still kick the winning goals.

Goodes is not fit and without Jude Bolton to cover him defensively was shown up badly last night - just confirmed how important Jude is to us

Senior Player
    He's looked down on confidence since he came back from injury. He does not look hungry to get the ball in his hands - lots of kicking/shepherding/hit and shoulders rather than just getting the footy. Needs to refocus somehow. Longmire was critical in the press conference, so I don't think he's carrying an injury.

Yep he was very poor last night.

I know we can't expect him to win games off his own boot every week, but gee just contributing would be handy.

Must be injured.

The man is not right, and obviously so. He is not playing like Goodsey prior to the injury. That is the line in the sand. He is contributing, yes, but someone should have been there for him to pass off to when he needed it, and they didn't read the signs. Noone lead for him, and he just doesn't have power in his hips at present to be an accurate kick for goal or even distance. If I can see this up in the stands, surely the boys could!!! Aagghhhhhhhh
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast