Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes

Adam Goodes

I'm trying not to let my emotions get the best of me, but what has happened to the champ. I hate to say it but he wasn't that far off being a liability tonight. It wasn't that he needed to be a match winner, but just provide a contest... and he wasn't close. Ben Reid was the difference in the end and Goodes seemed completely disinterested in making him accountable.

Disappointing more than anything else.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Blog Entries
    He's obviously carrying an injury.
    Was very noticeable last week.

He actually didnt play that bad. His missed shot was a given, and he lacked urgency and determination. Not sure if goodesy is just gaining form or he needs a real kick up the backside.

All I know is..Goodes was embarrassing for me here in Pittsburgh..trying to turn people on to the game.....it got so I cringed very time he went near the ball...a couple of those kicks...my locals swore he had been paid to lose...not true...but it sure looks that way to the uninitiated!!!!.....

On the veteran's list
    Get off his back. How many games has he won off his own bat.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Goodes is a real sook unfortunately when things aren't happening for him - whether that be injury or form. Lucky neither of those have ever been an ongoing issue throughout his career, but for such a good player the difference between his best and worst is quite significant.

With no defensive side to his game it looks even worse when he's not playing well (1 tackle tonight, TDL had 7 in 3 quarters).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    He actually didnt play that bad. His missed shot was a given, and he lacked urgency and determination. Not sure if goodesy is just gaining form or he needs a real kick up the backside.
    2 missed shots and a simple step around his opponent but liarised and tried some sort of dribble. Needs to be reminded he is playing in a team. Also was Pendelburys man at that final centre bounce. Longmire would have to be furious with his midfield group at that bounce.

Had a bad game...it happens.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I'm trying not to let my emotions get the best of me, but what has happened to the champ. I hate to say it but he wasn't that far off being a liability tonight. It wasn't that he needed to be a match winner, but just provide a contest... and he wasn't close. Ben Reid was the difference in the end and Goodes seemed completely disinterested in making him accountable.

Disappointing more than anything else.
    He's a club legend and he has many strengths, as one would expect of a dual Brownlow winner. However, the unavoidable truth is that he is an absolutely rancid set shot for goal. If there is a less reliable shot in the team I'm not sure who it is. This is the problem with the great "Goodes to serve out his remaining years as a key forward" theory. A key forward who can't kick straight most of the time is ultimately a liability. I'd rather play him in the midfield (where he is brilliant) and get two or three less years out of him. Or turn him into a key defender, where I'm sure he would be brilliant too. But he is not a key forward's rear end.
    I invite those who are preparing to flame me to ask themselves this question - would you want him kicking for a decider after the siren in the Grand Final? I sure as hell wouldn't.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Not sure he will get back to his best form this year after being injured for the first time. Maybe rushed him back too soon and the cork didn't help. Why LRT or O'keefe didn't have that shot for goal is a mystery to me. They made the tackle, Goodes was just standing there
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

i didnt see the game, being in france at the moment. but goodes simply is not a key forward. his career strengths have been too much mobility for ruckman and too big and strong for the average midfielder. whenever he has played on a genuine kpp as a key forward he struggles. he cannot be turned into something he isnt. he looks for crumbs too often to play as a genuine marking forward, and he tries too many cute passes by hand in the forward line - something that works better in the midfield when you are playing on smaller players.

i said earlier this week that the only way for us to win matches is through our midfield. our forward line without reid (and honestly with him for most of the year) cannot kick a score at present. nothing has changed it seems to me.

He didn't kick 16 behinds all on his own!
    Remember, the elderly heal slower, and he's still not quite right.
    I am happy to carry him into the finals ... he certainly carried us often enough in the past!

Prediction ... he will be the X Factor in September, and turn a game like tonight's, when it REALLY matters!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast