Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our most likely finish to the season...

Right on the money

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I just ran the ladder predictor thingy, even if under a worst case scenario assuming we only beat the Dogs in the run home and the teams currently outside the top 4 gain maximum points from the final 3 rounds it would be nearly impossible for us to miss the top 4, since we would still have 16 wins and a good percentage. It'd probably mean a trip to Adelaide in the first week of the finals though, and while we would be not without a chance, I'm not exactly looking forward to coming up against Dangerfield, Walker and co on their home ground...

Yep, the Hawks game will decide whether we finish top 2 or not....

Agree with Anne, I'd much prefer to play Adelaide than Hawthorne in the first final.

I reckon we can beat Adelaide anywhere.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    First if we win the next three games

Veterans List
    I like to have a bet on the footy and peruse all the odds looking for odds I reckon the bookies have got too generous on and that could be a win.

Last week we were $1.75 to finish minor premiers and Adelaide $4.00. Adelaide of course had four games that they were/are almost certain to win and win big. Both of those odds were silly.

Glad I had $100 on Adelaide because they now look certainties to finish top. Conversely I would have been happy to lose my $100 if we could have betean the Pies last night.

Still happy to lose my $100 if we can win the next three and we can with Morton in!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I like to have a bet on the footy and peruse all the odds looking for odds I reckon the bookies have got too generous on and that could be a win.

Last week we were $1.75 to finish minor premiers and Adelaide $4.00. Adelaide of course had four games that they were/are almost certain to win and win big. Both of those odds were silly.

Glad I had $100 on Adelaide because they now look certainties to finish top. Conversely I would have been happy to lose my $100 if we could have betean the Pies last night.

Still happy to lose my $100 if we can win the next three and we can with Morton in!
    You put wayyyy too much faith in the talents of Mitch Morton. If his attitude is right he's a solid AFL player but certainly not a game breaker. I'm happy for him or Spangher to come in for TDL byt don't expect miracles just because he kicks a few in the 2's.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    You put wayyyy too much faith in the talents of Mitch Morton. If his attitude is right he's a solid AFL player but certainly not a game breaker. I'm happy for him or Spangher to come in for TDL byt don't expect miracles just because he kicks a few in the 2's.
    I would give crouch or davo a run ahead of TDL at the moment. He was horrible again. Turnstile of the highest order

TDL is ahead of Morton, so do we really expect Morton to come in and do significantly better. He's doing in the 2's what TDL does in the 2's. As we've seen, that doesn't translate across directly to senior AFL footy. There is a huge gap in the quality of the two comps . Maybe we could loan players to the VFL so they can play in something close to AFL level, to truly gauge how they are going.

Hey, on topic guys. Aren't there a million 'such and such is a dud/who should we select?' threads you can have this conversation in?

Geelong in Geelong is only for bonus points, or for a last desperate hope if we lose in R22. Hawks at the SCG will be the biggest H&A game in this town for quite a few years, and we'll well and truly know where we sit by the end of it.

Big late-season games vs Hawthorn at the SCG seem to serve us well. Who could forget the 1st week of finals 1996, when Sydney won their first final... forever? And R22 2007 where Hawthorn were a young team on the rise playing for a top 4 spot (which we know is a necessity to have a shot at a flag); we had little but form and pride on the line, as we were going to finish 7-8 anyway. We tore them a new one by 12 goals.

Can't wait til the Hawthorn game. There are so many variables and ifs and buts I can't even get my head around any of it until the finals actually roll around!

bring it on

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Lets just beat the Dogs first. Then I will address the Hawks.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Hawks game will be a big factor on a top 2 finish.

However need to take care of Dogs next week first.

Eddiewood won't have an easy game against Norf next week.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast