Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Hawthorn game

Gees Gibosn rolled an ankle when he played us in Launceston too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Only if we play them with Rohan, Reid and Jude in our team.
    Intersting post here....

Lets, hypothetically(sp???), say that all 3(Reid-Rohan-Bloton) are fit and available, who goes out of the current 22????

Armstrong, TDL and.............

I cant think of a 3rd.........Parker or Bird would be my best guesses.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Intersting post here....

Lets, hypothetically(sp???), say that all 3(Reid-Rohan-Bloton) are fit and available, who goes out of the current 22????

Armstrong, TDL and.............I cant think of a 3rd.........Parker or Bird would be my best guesses.
    Hypothetically, why waste your time wondering ?
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Sammy will be in for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Intersting post here....

Armstrong, TDL and.............

I cant think of a 3rd.........Parker or Bird would be my best guesses.
    You are bringing in 3 forwards, 2 of which can play a lot of midfield.

TDL would definitely be replaced, and probably Bird as well. The third would be tricky. You'd think Armstrong or Malceski, but they are both defenders, so may unbalance our side. Perhaps McGlynn might struggle.

McGlynn is easily ahead of Parker. Rightfully so too.

McGlynn has been very up and down this year. Even against Carlton when he played reasonably well ( kicked 2 or 3) , he probably cost us a few goals with terrible decisions and skill errors. Bloody frustrating watching some of the simple things he @@@@@@ up. One shocking handball to someone's feet when they were in the clear sticks out in my mind. When Parker's back to the form he was at the start of the year, the good Mcglynn would be ahead, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    McGlynn is easily ahead of Parker. Rightfully so too.
    Yes, easily, and Armstrong and mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    McGlynn has been very up and down this year. Even against Carlton when he played reasonably well ( kicked 2 or 3) , he probably cost us a few goals with terrible decisions and skill errors. Bloody frustrating watching some of the simple things he @@@@@@ up. One shocking handball to someone's feet when they were in the clear sticks out in my mind. When Parker's back to the form he was at the start of the year, the good Mcglynn would be ahead, but not by much.
    Considered his work rate in the defensive aspect? Reckon that might take the edge off his 'pure' small forward role? Possible distinction. Between mcglynn and Morton?

Yes, and his hardness which I rate very highly. But Parker's form early season was very impressive and if he gets back to that he wouldn't be that far behind Mcglynn IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yes, and his hardness which I rate very highly. But Parker's form early season was very impressive and if he gets back to that he wouldn't be that far behind Mcglynn IMO.
    Agreed, but he is behind

I'm not calling for him to be dropped, just noting that he has been a bit inconsistent this year and downright frustrating at times. He has also been extremely courageous and played impressive footy at times . Up and down as I said, more so than in previous years I feel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast