Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We play Ainslie but I'm not sure where. All previous finals have been held in Canberra but in the reserves report they've indicated it will be the curtain raiser for the Hawks game. Fingers crossed.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...5/default.aspx
    Now that the Canberra clubs have graduated to the NEAFL - which has nearly as many Sydney based teams as Canberra ones, it is about time home ground advantage goes to the teams who have earned it. We are already giving away a fair amount by being limited to 12 listed players in the finals. I realised VFL clubs have a similar limitation, but they generally have squads of mature non-AFL players to pick from. We have a bunch of skinny 17 and 18 year olds, so once the number of them gets above a certain level, it becomes physically tough on them. Still, our top-ups have done the team proud throughout the year, so hopefully they can keep the good work up.

We play Ainslie but I'm not sure where. All previous finals have been held in Canberra but in the reserves report they've indicated it will be the curtain raiser for the Hawks game. Fingers crossed.
    The NEAFL finals plan is that 2ND plays 3RD at the home ground of 2ND. So Swans lay AInslie next weekend in Sydney - it's a fair bet that it will be a curtain-raiser.....YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i be boring and ask someone to tell me what is a "LISTED PLAYER" ?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Can i be boring and ask someone to tell me what is a "LISTED PLAYER" ?
    A player that is on the Swans main list and not a rookie.

They can elevate a rookie to the main list during the season as they have done with Cunningham but technically he is still a rookie and not a listed player.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    I am pretty certain that in the context of the NEAFL, "listed player" includes rookie listed players too.

So there is a limit of 12 "official" Swans plus 10 toppies (which can include the ever-present Potter, as he is not officially on the Swans list). Could mean that a couple of players have played their last game for the club.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well I have good and bad news. The good news is that we do get home ground advantage, the bad news is it's at Blacktown

Saturday 11.45am Sydney Swans Reserves v Ainslie @ Blacktown International Sportspark.

Well I have good and bad news. The good news is that we do get home ground advantage, the bad news is it's at Blacktown

Saturday 11.45am Sydney Swans Reserves v Ainslie @ Blacktown International Sportspark.
    Are the neafl going to provide the helicopters to get us to the main game that day?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join the RWO convoy down the M4

why Blacktown... just dont get it.. would be a perfect curtain raiser..

This is INSANITY! ... surely there is no reason why this could not be moved to the SCG!!!? ... there isn't an impostor celebrity game or anything else on , is there???

AFL, NEAFL ... anybody out there ...???

JUST MOVE THE GAME!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Or if that is not possible, at least start it at a time whereby you can get from Blacktown to the SCG in a leisurely fashion.

@@@@ing ridiculous. What's wrong with a Sunday game if it can't be the curtain raiser of the Hawks game. Mor e proof that the powers that be don't give a toss about the Ressie watchers.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It is just nonsense no matter how you look at it.

Swans fans being denied the chance to watch both of their teams at one venue.

Ask the Ainslie players and supporters where they would like to play an away game in Sydney ... SCG no question!

What is best to promote the NEAFL product ... a game at Blacktown, where you will get the family & friends from each team ONLY (who turn up every week no matter what) or exposure to a sell out crowd at the SCG?

They manage to change these games virtually without notice if they expect rain, can't be difficult for sanity to prevail and do it now, based on common sense ...?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast