Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's probably the decision of the SCG Trust? Meanwhile the schedule for Saturday reads:

2.45pm Gates Open
    4.40pm Game Starts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    A player that is on the Swans main list and not a rookie.

They can elevate a rookie to the main list during the season as they have done with Cunningham but technically he is still a rookie and not a listed player.

Veteran
    Site Admin

I am pretty certain that in the context of the NEAFL, "listed player" includes rookie listed players too.

So there is a limit of 12 "official" Swans plus 10 toppies (which can include the ever-present Potter, as he is not officially on the Swans list). Could mean that a couple of players have played their last game for the club.

Thanks to you both for clarifying - you are right in saying that the Ressies will be diminished by this "listed player" condition. Might give Ainslie a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post

Veteran
    Site Admin

I am pretty certain that in the context of the NEAFL, "listed player" includes rookie listed players too.

So there is a limit of 12 "official" Swans plus 10 toppies (which can include the ever-present Potter, as he is not officially on the Swans list). Could mean that a couple of players have played their last game for the club.

Thanks to you both for clarifying - you are right in saying that the Ressies will be diminished by this "listed player" condition. Might give Ainslie a sniff.
    That's an understatement ... it won Ainslie the flag the last 2 years! ... and just to help them this week, we give up the home ground advantage

Goes up to 11
    One of the more ridiculous decisions of the year - why the Ressies would play in GWS' home territory a few hours before our game at the SCG is beyond me. I thought they'd earned a home ground advantage? It's a game that I'd like to see but I won't be able to thanks to that smart move!

Round 21: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

[Deleted]
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    One of the more ridiculous decisions of the year - why the Ressies would play in GWS' home territory a few hours before our game at the SCG is beyond me. I thought they'd earned a home ground advantage? It's a game that I'd like to see but I won't be able to thanks to that smart move!
    ... and the genius administrators can wave goodbye to yet another potential NEAFL fan ... Kudos!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Anyone taking orders for veges at Parklea Markets on the way back?
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    @@@@ing ridiculous. What's wrong with a Sunday game if it can't be the curtain raiser of the Hawks game. Mor e proof that the powers that be don't give a toss about the Ressie watchers.
    My first thoughts were "if it has to be at Blacktown why not on Sunday?". Really just a stupid move, they'll have a handful of people there at best whereas the guys could have had a chance to play to a decent early crowd at the SCG or probably a few extra on the Sunday with all the buzz generated by the Hawks game. Kerazy.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I would imagine that the didn't have it as curtain raiser because there is no seating left for potential fans from Canberra anyway, so why not shoot them off to a more indifferent location when the Swans fans can't watch either.

I am sending a "please explain" to Swans anyway.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I am sending a "please explain" to Swans anyway.
    Primmy, are you expecting a reply?
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    My first thoughts were "if it has to be at Blacktown why not on Sunday?". Really just a stupid move, they'll have a handful of people there at best whereas the guys could have had a chance to play to a decent early crowd at the SCG or probably a few extra on the Sunday with all the buzz generated by the Hawks game. Kerazy.
    The schedule was done before the ladder was finalized. I imagined it's because they want to give the higher ranked team a 7 day break before the final the following weekend

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The schedule was done before the ladder was finalized. I imagined it's because they want to give the higher ranked team a 7 day break before the final the following weekend
    Which then would be all the more reason to have it as a curtain raiser (that would be my first preference). Was LSO not an option I wonder?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast