Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Re: Round 21: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Primmy, are you expecting a reply?
    I sent a tweet 2 days ago to the Swans to get an idea why this bone head decision was made. I'm assuming they've got committees and focus groups working around the clock to draft a response to my question as I'm still waiting.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Which then would be all the more reason to have it as a curtain raiser (that would be my first preference). Was LSO not an option I wonder?
    You would assume that would have been the Swans' preference as well. It must have been an external party perhaps the SCGT, the AFL or the NEAFL that had the final say

LSO is a terrible venue for viewing and coaching. The only thing going for it is it's proximity to the SCG

Goes up to 11
    I sent an email off to the Swans this morning and I got a very quick response. I'm always impressed by how quickly they've responded anytime I've made contact. Looks like there's not much they can do - see below:

Unfortunately, the NEAFL has determined that all finals series be played on a neutral ground. For Sydney, this ground is Blacktown Olympic Park, and for Canberra is Manuka Oval.

There were initial suggestions on our behalf to provide our fans with the chance to watch our reserves on a home venue, but the NEAFL was concerned about having to move it at the later time due to potential rain.

The locations have now been confirmed to be held at these venues and unfortunately this will not change closer to Saturday.

We understand that our fans would like to cheer on our reserves team, and we hope to still see supporters out at BOP for the 1145 first bounce.

I have now sent off an email to the NEAFL so lets see how they respond to this ridiculous situation...

Thank's jono. Will do the same. People? get behind the game and hassle NEAFL.

Added to above: I have done my vent spleen bit; used the words amateur provincial stupid.
    Last edited by Primmy; 23rd August 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I sent an email off to the Swans this morning and I got a very quick response. I'm always impressed by how quickly they've responded anytime I've made contact. Looks like there's not much they can do - see below:

Unfortunately, the NEAFL has determined that all finals series be played on a neutral ground. For Sydney, this ground is Blacktown Olympic Park, and for Canberra is Manuka Oval.

There were initial suggestions on our behalf to provide our fans with the chance to watch our reserves on a home venue, but the NEAFL was concerned about having to move it at the later time due to potential rain.

The locations have now been confirmed to be held at these venues and unfortunately this will not change closer to Saturday.

We understand that our fans would like to cheer on our reserves team, and we hope to still see supporters out at BOP for the 1145 first bounce.

I have now sent off an email to the NEAFL so lets see how they respond to this ridiculous situation...
    Thanks jono. Apologies to the SCGT for blaming them for the NEAFL's intransigence.

NEAFL are a bunch of idiots. There is not going to be anyone there on Saturday as all the fans will be going to see the Swans v Hawks match at SCG. It is a bloody long way from Blacktown to SCG. I certainly couldn't go as I am on public transport and if I went I wouldn't get a seat by the time I got to the SCG because the RED Zone would be full & I would miss out! Very angry at this move!!!!!

I'm doing the mad dash from Blacktown to the SCG, the window is about 2 and a bit hours (hopefully no extra time in the reserves game ). It worked out okay the last time this happened but that was at the Bulldogs game where a small crowd turned up. With the crowd this Saturday expected to dwarf that 20k figure, I'm not sure if it will work out as well as it did then. Fingers crossed.

For those who can't make it to Blacktown, they are streaming the game on neafl.com.au

Thanks ugg, its a bit but it is still stupid. I am a fan of the NEAFL but I am not the same age as the players. I cannot do the dash.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

From a practical point, Saturday afternoon, it really should only take about 45 - 50 minutes BIS to SCG via M7, M5.

... just went to the NEAFL website to complain as well ... the games are being "live streamed" this weekend (and all finals i suppose?) ... so they really do not expect anyone to attend!

Isn't going via the M5 a roundabout way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast