Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos to coach GWS in 2014

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Will there be a Brownlow man?
    Possible Rising Star this year to kick it off.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I think Roos is getting just as much satisfaction out of running the academy, without the aggravation or the 40-mile commute.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I think Roos is getting just as much satisfaction out of running the academy, without the aggravation or the 40-mile commute.
    I think so too, he has always said he is not a career coach. I wouldn't rule it out, but I think at the moment he's probably enjoying life without the stress of being a senior coach, and I don't blame him!

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I think so too, he has always said he is not a career coach. I wouldn't rule it out, but I think at the moment he's probably enjoying life without the stress of being a senior coach, and I don't blame him!
    Was your senior coaching stressful then?

Roos could have had a five extension of his contract if he wanted at the Swans but he decided to end it. I can't see him coaching in the near future as he sees it as a problem to his home life. I don't know how old Tyler is but I thought he didn't want to have the interruptions to his home life he had before.

The next problem is I can't see him taking over GWS unless he is boss. 'Wacky' Williams is not going to like that at all. The only way they might get around it is to use the old Coach & Assistant Coach scenario. This could work with Sheedy as Coaching Director. But I don't know if Roos is interested in coaching again. Some here are pointing to the list and the raw talent on their list but the talent we were developing just before Roos left must have excited him. He said so just after he left and asked if he had any regrets leaving a very talented young list he said 'no way he had his time'. Time to step down. So I don't see it unless something has drastically changed.

No one has to see it. Only he does.

What is a career coach? Who determines the career? Most cases not the coach but the Club. Is it Sheedy length or a 12 month stint?

A few more $$$$$$$$$ than in a Swans Academy role.

So he can easily coach another 5 years and not be a career coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    No one has to see it. Only he does.
    I know they wear saffron, but even only he sees it, I believe it still happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    I know they wear saffron, but even only he sees it, I believe it still happens.

If he's mad about saffron. Do we call him mellow yellow ?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    If he's mad about saffron. Do we call him mellow yellow ?
    Ask kirky, you will find him skipping in the daisies waving a dandelion

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Was your senior coaching stressful then?
    The first premiership is always the hardest, but after five, six grand finals the pressure started to show, and we started to tumble down the ladder after that, missing the finals in my last season before I was sacked...

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    The first premiership is always the hardest, but after five, six grand finals the pressure started to show, and we started to tumble down the ladder after that, missing the finals in my last season before I was sacked...
    Mate, gets us all of us in the end. Give spud a buzz, he will set you up with a life coach. Any luck it will be kirky, you can crochet a few beenies, then maybe make some dandelion jam

Maybe if he goes to GWS, the Swans Academy will be able to afford to buy footballs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast