Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Rnd 21, Swans v Dogs, Etihad

Happy and I know it
    As a non-Foxtel viewer, I'm glad that 7Mate shows at least four games live (or occasionally an hour delay) in Sydney each week. Even with the lousy picture quality and inane "commentary", it allows me to see more games than I have been able to in the past. Great for seeing more of other teams.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Happy and I know it
    Good to see the MRP didn't let this pass:

"Will Minson, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level two misconduct offence (225 points, two matches) in that he stomped on Kieren Jack, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the round 21 match between the Western Bulldogs and the Sydney Swans, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday August 19, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction."
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Good to see the MRP didn't let this pass:

"Will Minson, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level two misconduct offence (225 points, two matches) in that he stomped on Kieren Jack, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the round 21 match between the Western Bulldogs and the Sydney Swans, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday August 19, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction."
    Dickhead, most recent in a long list of dickhead acts. Good player needs to cut out the weak crap

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    They showed that during the broadcast and it looked deliberate.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent . . ."
    Huh?? How is that so? Is there a parallel universe where that's true, Didak only has nice friends and Chris Judd isn't subject to bursts of irrational violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Dickhead, most recent in a long list of dickhead acts. Good player needs to cut out the weak crap
    Totally agree, average human being. I remember him just about crying after the last "family orientated slur/sledge" incident saying he would never do anything like that ever again, and pleading for the AFL community and his team mates to forgive him. Rubbish! He is obviously stupid, ignorant and completely lacking in any sense of human, sportsman or basic values. Dirtyburts description is an understatement.

He should be cleaning pubic toilets. Some other up and coming talent should be getting his salary.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Unfortunately, and you see this alot in junior footy, some people become very feral when they get on the football field.

If the Dogs had any integrity they would get rid of him. We did with Biffo and he was a much better player than Minson.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Hey RWO history buffs, when was the last time Swans kicked 10 goals in a quarter?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    Did we not do it against the Dees earlier this year?

Our best quarter against the Dees in Round 8 was 7.1 in Q1.

But I just discovered South Melbourne holds the all-time 4th quarter record score: 17.4 vs St Kilda in 1919.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Rnd 21, Swans v Dogs, Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Hey RWO history buffs, when was the last time Swans kicked 10 goals in a quarter?
    I know we did it in Rd5 in 2003 against Melbourne.Not sure if we've done it since then.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819