Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importance of Hawthorn match

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The way I see it:

If we lose both, , 3rd spot and we play the Crows in Adelaide.

So we MUST beat the Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is why today's game was a must win!!
    If we do end up finishing 3rd or 4th I would rather play Crows in Adelaide than Hawks or Pies at the MCG. Better chance at AAMI Stadium IMO.
    Swannies for life!

Dream results for us in the round just gone. Both of the 2 teams whose results we can't control in the final 2 rounds, unexpectedly lost. The only one who won, we take on this weekend. Hence we've suddenly moved from top 2 only being in our control if we won our last 3 games, to top spot being in our control if we win just one more game. Provided that game is this weekend.

You know for a first final, I'd rather play the crows(in Adelaide or Sydney) for a chance at locking in a prelim final in Sydney!!! I think we could knock them off quite easily.

The flip side is however we would need to knock off either Collingwood or Hawthorn in a Prelim to make it to the Grand final.

So, having said that, it'll probably be better to have to play either Collingwood or Hawthorn in the first week, get the win, and hopefully play Adelaide in Sydney in a prelim to get to the Granny.

This is all in a perfect world of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Top four secured today. Minor premiership secured if we win next week. The first time we've played for the minor premiership since round 22, 1996. HUGE game.
    I just hope the weather is better this time around. That 1996 game is still the worse conditions I've seen on the day of a game.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12