0 0%
  • Hawthorn - between 20 and 39 points

1 2.04%
  • Hawthorn - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 22 - Hawthorn

Round 22 - Hawthorn

We can almost certainly secure the minor premiership this week with a win against Hawthorn at the SCG.

Looking back to Round 5 in Launceston, the Hawks got the jump on us in the first quarter, and continued on with it in the second. We appeared headed for another thumping, just like Round 9 last year and the semi-final.

But something changed after half-time. We held them scoreless in the third term, and then piled on 7 goals in the last quarter to blow them away. Whatever was said at the main break worked wonders.

The key to beating them is pressure. They were caught flat-footed by Geelong in Round 19 during the first quarter in similar circumstances. Of course they fought back hard, and almost won.

We might miss Jude Bolton this week. His relentless brand of in-and-under football is very good at creating pressure and inspiring others to do the same. We'll need everyone to be a leader this week.

I think we'll win what will be a thrilling game.

Swans by 16.

This is the game of the season for us. Be great to see how we go. Swans by 3 goals I reckon!

I also think Josh Gibson being injured was a big part of us beating them earlier in the year, he was causing havoc as the loose man in defence before he got injured, which is when we started to take over. Hopefully we can play a defensive forward role on him before he tears us a new one.

I bad loss to Hawthorn of the order of 40 points or more, would put a death knell to our season.

However a win by 40 points, and I think we could say our only challenger for the flag would be the pies.

Swans by 2 with a kick after the siren after Alistair Clarkson gives away a free after throwing the phone through the front of the box and knocking out one of the boundary umpires.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I'm nervous already !!!! I'd prefer a comfortable win but have a feeling it will go down to the wire and as Al intimated Clarkson will go nuts wreck a few walls, rip out some plumbing and the SCG trust will not be amused!

Blog Entries
    My tipping pretty poor, but I've tipped us to win.

Swans by 22

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    have a feeling it will go down to the wire and as Al intimated Clarkson will go nuts wreck a few walls, rip out some plumbing and the SCG trust will not be amused!
    What do you mean, SCG trust would thank him for helping out with the reno.

Swans by 25.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Swans by 2 with a kick after the siren after Alistair Clarkson gives away a free after throwing the phone through the front of the box and knocking out one of the boundary umpires.
    We'll win by 20 and Clarko will chuck the phone out of the box as he cracks it with the crappy Optus reception that we get at the ground....

Tipped Hawthorn 1-9 cos i'm happy to be wrong.

What is it with Clarko and phones. I recall that he banned his players from using mobiles on game day as they interfered with their focus.

Swans to win the Minor Premiership after beating the Hawks, that's all i can say.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast