Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEAFL - Thoughts on Year 1?

NEAFL - Thoughts on Year 1?

Interested to know the thoughts of those involved with both SU and SHE on their first year in the NEAFL.

Has it worked? Did the players enjoy it? Too much Travel? Player payments done correctly?

Be good to get some firsthand feedback

I'm highly skeptical of your sincerity.

Just to top off the joke season that was, they have a chance to promote it with the Swans v Ainslie semi as a curtain raiser for the Swans v Hawks on Saturday at the SCG

... but instead they are playing at Blacktown! ... good luck if you are yet to attend a NEAFL match, and were interested in watching both games ...

... just checked ... SAFL lower grade finals start this Saturday ... NO GAMES AT BLACKTOWN!!!

So, if you are going to the NEAFL, take a packed lunch (there will be nothing open) and watch out for the tumbleweeds!!! ... seriously, who makes these decisions????
    Last edited by unconfuseme; 21st August 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    ... just checked ... SAFL lower grade finals start this Saturday ... NO GAMES AT BLACKTOWN!!!

So, if you are going to the NEAFL, take a packed lunch (there will be nothing open) and watch out for the tumbleweeds!!! ... seriously, who makes these decisions????
    I just had a browse on the BISP website and the NEAFL final isn't even mentioned ! Plenty of minor community events but it's obviously not noteworthy when Swans Reserves come to Doonside.
    You know what ? Even the guys in the red cappucino van wouldn't bother turning up so I'll be bringing the thermos of hot water so I can at least be assured of a coffee. See you all there....we'll be the spectators !

So, if you are going to the NEAFL, take a packed lunch (there will be nothing open) and watch out for the tumbleweeds!!! ... seriously, who makes these decisions????[/QUOTE]

"THE TUMBLEWEEDS"

Look out the're gonna get ya yeah

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Just to top off the joke season that was, they have a chance to promote it with the Swans v Ainslie semi as a curtain raiser for the Swans v Hawks on Saturday at the SCG

... but instead they are playing at Blacktown! ... good luck if you are yet to attend a NEAFL match, and were interested in watching both games ...
    I think you might find that the SCG Trust essentially make this decision...

This is a final so it is important that the game be played and of course, as much as a small pig pi$$ing on the SCG and they wont allow a curtain raiser because it is too wet. Also, there is a clause with AFL matches that the ground needs to be cleared with a certain amount of time between games. With some of the games played by the swans this year running into the 30 goals, it has meant some serious shortening of final quarters to be done. Of course, you cant have this happen in a finals game.

I'm sure the cost of hosting a curtain raiser also came into play for the NEAFL/Swans as well. Early open/Security/Hospitality/Parking etc

Dont agree with it either but can at least see the reasons.

I will definitely be at Blacktown on Saturday, On the couch on Saturday Afternoon and hopefully in Canberra on Sunday for the Eastlake v Eagles game.

Can you smell the finals in the air?

Almost Football Legend
    Also for a final, the NEAFL would want to collect an admission fee; if they were to play as an AFL curtain raiser they wouldn't get anything on the gate. Presumably the Swans would get the canteen if they can be bothered opening it.

Having said that, there'll probably be bigger crowds at Gore Hill and Village Green on Saturday than Blacktown.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Those grounds especially Gore Hill the swans wouldnt play on

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Also for a final, the NEAFL would want to collect an admission fee; if they were to play as an AFL curtain raiser they wouldn't get anything on the gate. Presumably the Swans would get the canteen if they can be bothered opening it.

Having said that, there'll probably be bigger crowds at Gore Hill and Village Green on Saturday than Blacktown.

Mr Kenneth of the Lions. How would you rate your first year coaching in the interim while the Eagles players are busy preparing for finals?

What do you think are the reasons for going backwards in such a big way after being talked as the big improvers in 2012?

Have you struggled in the playing coach role with only a 10 goal return from 15 games in comparison to your 30 goals last season and do you think that your best football might be behind you?

How do you think you have measured up in terms of performance against former Lions Coach and Coach of the Year Trevor Burnett?

How do you think your players have measured your performance against Trevor?

Do you think you have spent too much time on forums such as this instead of putting your time into getting the best result for the Lions?

And finally do you think Chris Scott, Alistair Clarkson or even Kade Klemke from Queanbeyan spend time fishing or questioning other clubs, players and coaches on online forums?

On the NEAFL first year, I think finals is a great achievement for one club, Uni may of struggled but I am sure that they would of relished the better standard of football which is in the NEAFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post
    Interested to know the thoughts of those involved with both SU and SHE on their first year in the NEAFL.

Has it worked? Did the players enjoy it? Too much Travel? Player payments done correctly?

Be good to get some firsthand feedback

Quote Originally Posted by chatovadafloor View Post
    Mr Kenneth of the Lions. How would you rate your first year coaching in the interim while the Eagles players are busy preparing for finals?

What do you think are the reasons for going backwards in such a big way after being talked as the big improvers in 2012?

Have you struggled in the playing coach role with only a 10 goal return from 15 games in comparison to your 30 goals last season and do you think that your best football might be behind you?

How do you think you have measured up in terms of performance against former Lions Coach and Coach of the Year Trevor Burnett?

How do you think your players have measured your performance against Trevor?

Do you think you have spent too much time on forums such as this instead of putting your time into getting the best result for the Lions?

And finally do you think Chris Scott, Alistair Clarkson or even Kade Klemke from Queanbeyan spend time fishing or questioning other clubs, players and coaches on online forums?

On the NEAFL first year, I think finals is a great achievement for one club, Uni may of struggled but I am sure that they would of relished the better standard of football which is in the NEAFL.
    It was actually a genuine post!!!! Dont worry about Kenny, he has things under control

His players have also all been paid for the whole season, not just the first 8 games

Thanks for the response to my own legitimate questions and also confirming your sincere post was a fishing exercise..

Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post
    It was actually a genuine post!!!! Dont worry about Kenny, he has things under control

His players have also all been paid for the whole season, not just the first 8 games

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast