Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This week to the finals - got it all worked out

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That means an away final against Adelaide. We have to beat Geelong next week, full stop.
    Seems the case. We win next week then at home. We lose then in Adelaide.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

We MUST win next week. A week 1 final at home against the Crows would be the perfect result.

If we do play crows at home in first week. It would be a good one for the scg!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    If we do play crows at home in first week. It would be a good one for the scg!
    That's exactly what the Crows would be thinking.

Over the years - and including this year - we've played the Crows at the SCG sixteen times for the grand total of five wins and eleven defeats. And one of those defeats was in a final.

The SCG holds no fears for Adelaide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    That's exactly what the Crows would be thinking.

Over the years - and including this year - we've played the Crows at the SCG sixteen times for the grand total of five wins and eleven defeats. And one of those defeats was in a final.

The SCG holds no fears for Adelaide.
    Not my point, Adelaide have had the wood on us recently. My point is 30k at the scg would be better than 25-30k at homebush

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Not my point, Adelaide have had the wood on us recently. My point is 30k at the scg would be better than 25-30k at homebush
    Of course it's not your point. You couldn't care less whether we win or lose, just as long as the game's at your preferred venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Of course it's not your point. You couldn't care less whether we win or lose, just as long as the game's at your preferred venue.
    LMAO, just a touch petulant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazcam View Post
    - If the hawks win and the cats defeat us then we play Adelaide @ AAMI
    - If the hawks win and we beat the cats then we play Adelaide @ ANZ
    - If West Coast win and the cats defeat us then we play Hawks @ MCG
    - If West Coast win and we beat the cats then we play West Coast @ ANZ

I wouldn't put it past WC to win next week. This year is as close as you can get and the top 7 sides are all in with a chance. I wouldn't rule out Geelong and North as they could feature in the gf from outside the 4 too.
    I certainly don't think you can rule out Geelong from outside the 4, but I think North will be shown up come finals time. I think they are a vastly improved team, no doubt about that, but are like the Swans of 2010-11 I feel - a good chance to make the 2nd week and possibly push for a prelim spot, but no better than that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234