Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This week to the finals - got it all worked out

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

This week to the finals - got it all worked out

Here is what I reckon, in two parts. It's purely speculative at this point, mainly pertaining the to the fact that none of this has happened yet. I'll give a prize to the closest call though.

Part 1 ? Rounds 22 and 23. Yes we beat the Hawks Saturday but sadly lose to the Cats in a thriller next week. Not that it mattered .

A late Carlton blitz just nudges them into finals contention, decided purely on the fact that I reckon they?ll pulverise Gold Coast this week and convincingly decanonise the ?aints in round 23.

Wet Toast to triumph at home over the Pies.

Rd 21:
    Rd 22.JPG

Rd 22:
    rd 23.JPG

Part II: the finals. Yep, we killed it. But how about those Roos eh?

Finals.JPG
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Interesting. Will be more clear after this weekend.

Can't see Norf beating both Cats and Hawks even on their current form.

I'd love to see an Eddiewood v Crows at AAMI in PF.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I'd take this scenario any day. Ideal for the Swans, facing the Crows in Melbourne without having to play Hawks or Cats in a final as well as beating the Pies. Maybe Jude could come back for the first final and win the GF in his 300th?

Hard to imagine Hawks going out in straight sets from 3rd.

Veterans List
    When I did the ladder predictor I found that we should be cheering the Weagles as hard as the Swannies as that will give us the best set up for finals. Putting the two Melbourne contenders on the wrong side of the ledger could be vital for a Swans' Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    When I did the ladder predictor I found that we should be cheering the Weagles as hard as the Swannies as that will give us the best set up for finals. Putting the two Melbourne contenders on the wrong side of the ledger could be vital for a Swans' Premiership.

Pick the team that you want to play in the finals and make sure they will appear in our side of the pool. Shoot out at the end...

Therefore the question is

Do you want us to play Crows, Eagles, Roos or ? in the first weeks of the finals or play Pies or Hawks?

If Blues or Dockers (or Saints) make it - well it is starting to do my head in...

In 1998 the Crows defeated us to go on and win the GF from 5th They change which pool they were in by loosing the first week (Q* old McIntyre system?) They were lucky by loosing in the first week they had a easier run to the GF..

If we are in the top 4. WE need to select who we can beat!

I feel that each side on their day can win, however I would prefer hawks over Pies and Eagles over Crows..

Make it so is my request!

Rod_

great. I'd love to see WC get up over the pies this week, so they end up 4th, and we play them in the first week at home.

If everything went as you say, I would go so far to sing..... "oh the premierships a cakewalk...."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    great. I'd love to see WC get up over the pies this week, so they end up 4th, and we play them in the first week at home.

If everything went as you say, I would go so far to sing..... "oh the premierships a cakewalk...."
    It's never a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It's never a cake walk.
    If the barrackers are barracking, apparently it is

I'd still rather we play a Victorian team in the GF- Easier for us travellers to get accommodation. ;-)

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It's never a cake walk.
    Just ask the Pies supporters, in 2010... they had to play two grand finals, to win a premiership!!

Oh and we don't play Collingwood just so as the IQ level at the ground is a bit higher;-)
    Last edited by Wardy; 22nd August 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    If we do draw Collingwood in the first week and win, I will be hoping against hope that they don't make it through to the GF... I think we can beat them once, but twice would be a very tough ask given recent history (in 2005 and 2006 the team that lost the QF reversed the result in the GF). I don't know if I could handle that scenario!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast