Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Kennedy

Josh Kennedy

Our favourite son josh kennedy has been mentioned on another forums as being out of contract at the end of the year? Anyone can confirm this? Why hasnt he been signed up yet! Im sure he will stay, he loves it here, and their is no way in hell he will move but just wondering his contract status.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure he'd be coming off his current contract at the end of this season, from memory he came here because we offered 3 (+ opportunities) and Hawthorn offered 1? I have no doubt that they're working on a contract with him at the moment.

Mummy would be in the same boat, too?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    He isnt a free agent. Free agents are blokes who have played more then 7 years for their club, (if im correct). He is not a free agent.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    He isnt a free agent. Free agents are blokes who have played more then 7 years for their club, (if im correct). He is not a free agent.
    yes my bad didnt read the free agency rules properly deleting my previous post

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Yep, he's not a free agent but I'm pretty sure he is coming off contract.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11
    No doubt he will command big $$$'s in his new contract. He is one of our top couple of players, and now with Goodsey and Jude in their twilight years, surely he will be one of our top paid few players from 2013 onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Mummy would be in the same boat, too?
    Thought he was on 4 year deal.

So it's props only 3.
    -

He is a big fish in a smallish pond up here; he has made his own mark as his own man without the rest of the family hanging over him like a sword. I should imagine it suits him well.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

It's a worry, but traditionally we don't worry until year end.

I hope Jude Bolton plays his 300th this year gets to a Grand Final then he can retire and we can use his money to upgrade Kennedy, Parker and Hanners and Mumford - we have to be practical on what we pay our veterans as we have some good young players that we need to keep as you can bet that the come home vultures will be sniffing around given the stability of our list (touch wood) and lack of opportunity for some - all the retread bargains that we have signed are going to be a lot more expensive to keep

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    I hope Jude Bolton plays his 300th this year gets to a Grand Final then he can retire and we can use his money to upgrade Kennedy, Parker and Hanners and Mumford - we have to be practical on what we pay our veterans as we have some good young players that we need to keep as you can bet that the come home vultures will be sniffing around given the stability of our list (touch wood) and lack of opportunity for some - all the retread bargains that we have signed are going to be a lot more expensive to keep
    Wash your mouth out! Can't we put him on our veterans list and take half his salary out of the cap? (Is that how it works?)
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Wash your mouth out! Can't we put him on our veterans list and take half his salary out of the cap? (Is that how it works?)
    Bolts & Goodsie should already be on the Veteran's list. We can nominate two if I remember rightly.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast