Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for 23 v the Cats

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I think we should drop Bird.

Looking at the Cats ferocious attack, he won't have a chance.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I think we should drop Bird.

Looking at the Cats ferocious attack, he won't have a chance.
    Bird annihilated Mitchell for most of the game!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    In: Bolton, Everit
    Out: Morton, Jetta
    Excuse me Alan...Are you on drugs?

Jetta efforts at the contested ball were very ordinary at times of late but he is a vital cog in our team. If he doesn't play or doesn't play well we might be in trouble. Got to stick with him and hope he finds his feet in the finals.

Sadly Jett's doesn't deal well with being tagged. I love him and when he gets on a run it is breathtaking to watch but in the last few weeks he has been heavily tagged and shut down (and I'm ready to be yelled at by some as a result ) last night was lethargic and lazy. Now there have been posters in the past who have yelled from the rooftops if a player is out of form for a period of time then give him a spell. Maybe jetts should be rested for next week or made sub for the cats game so Morton can be on for the full game. It's just a thought.

Changes for 23 v the Cats

Jetta has been playing injured with his knee which has hampered his pace and influence sadly. I like Wardy's suggestion. Give Morton a full game v Cats and start Jets as sub to give him a partial rest. Other option is too simply tell Jets to play as a crumbing forward as we a long kicks regularly coming to ground yesterday we need someone at Reid and co's feet.
    Swannies for life!

Veterans List
    Morton for Bolton is the obvious one. Is a question whether they'll perservere with the four talls in the forward line - sometimes it works, sometimes not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by swans32 View Post
    I cannot believe people are calling for Parker and mcglynn to be dropped. Just because they didn't have a great game they are the types of player you need in finals. Only change Bolton in if fit Morton out
    Benny might not have got a lot of possession but his smothering and hardness at the ball to shut them down in the first, third & last was really telling. I wouldn't drop either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Sadly Jett's doesn't deal well with being tagged. I love him and when he gets on a run it is breathtaking to watch but in the last few weeks he has been heavily tagged and shut down (and I'm ready to be yelled at by some as a result ) last night was lethargic and lazy. Now there have been posters in the past who have yelled from the rooftops if a player is out of form for a period of time then give him a spell. Maybe jetts should be rested for next week or made sub for the cats game so Morton can be on for the full game. It's just a thought.
    Your spot on Wardy, being tagged was not his excuse last night, he was just plain lazy.
    I think your sub plan is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep thats a pretty decent call. Still I think our biggest failing in our forward line is that too often our forwards all lead to the same place. Like in the first half of the earlier game this year, Hawthorn played a loose man in defence for most of the night, and when your forwards all lead to the same area all the time, it makes it far too easy for that loose man to affect the contest. We need the boys, especially Reid/Pyke/Mumford/LRT to work more on leading away from each other where possible. Open up the forward line so that when teams play that loose man, he has to committ one way or the other, thus giving us the opportunity sometimes to get better 1 on 1 contests. The few times we managed it tonight, it worked well. But too often, the two main forwards at the time end up leading to the same area, leading to 3 on 2 situations occuring far too often.
    Agree totally. The other thing is that the leads are a pack which is very hard to control if it does get through. Ball comes to ground and they have the extra numbers. What I thought was staggering was that Guerra was allowed to be that extra man in their backline. He is the one who sets them up time and time again, him, Mitchell & Burgoine.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I think Longmire should have given the likes of Jetta, AJ, Hanners, a week off later in the year, they are clearly tiring. Will they come up for the finals?

I think we should drop LRT but we won't
    Fail to see Hannas tiring he got 29 posies this week. AJ had to really keep tabs on a player and wasn't allowed to be a rebound defender v Hawks. We are waiting too long to get the ball to Jetta, I was aware of him taking off on several occasions when a player in defense was coming out and the player vacillated and then it was too late. Quite a few times it was Mal who held onto the ball and ran rather than deliver to the running player. He seems more comfortable delivering to the set play/position rather than a player running into space. I feel he isn't confident doing that. His delivery hasn't been that good in the last 3 weeks anyway. Jetts is now getting a very tight tag too.

On the Rookie List
    Excuse me Alan...Are you on drugs?
    No, but always up for a quick scoob if there is one being passed around. I suppose you want an explanation then?

Jetts is struggling with the run-with-types and Geelong have two or three of the best going around. Everitt was the player who kicked the all important goal against the Cats last time and there backline is not very tall.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast