Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for 23 v the Cats

If Jude's fit he'll come in for Morton and that'll be it.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    White or Walsh + Morton in our forward line is a recipe for rebounding hell. Especially against a side that builds its attack from a very effective running backline bombing in to tall forwards.

We would be murdered.
    Scottee, would have to agree with Burt.

White has been given heaps of chances, but everytime he lets the team down. He may play well in the magoos, but when it comes to senior football, he has no idea.

Also, we don't need a third ruck. Two is enough.

I don't mind Walsh, but he needs more time. His speed is average at best, so needs to work on his ability to read the play and positioning. He is not up to AFL (at the moment). Hopefully, with another season he will be able to make it in 2013.

Its a massive ask to go from NEAFL to finals-like hawks game. Morton needs to be kept in, and given full game while he adjusts.

The only 2's players who will get a look in for the rest of 2012 r ones who have played seniors this year... Everett, armstrong, tdl, morton

2012 side is set

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its a massive ask to go from NEAFL to finals-like hawks game. Morton needs to be kept in, and given full game while he adjusts.

The only 2's players who will get a look in for the rest of 2012 r ones who have played seniors this year... Everett, armstrong, tdl, morton

2012 side is set
    I agree. It would be a huge ask for anyone else from the 2's to come in and make an impact at this stage of the season. Better we stick with whats got us there in the first place.

Goes up to 11
    Jetta to sub this week.

In - Jude
    Out - Morton

How can there be six pages when the change will clearly be just this?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    In - Jude
    Out - Morton

How can there be six pages when the change will clearly be just this?
    Boredom, @@@@ stirring & wishful thinking

All valid excuses! Carry on...
    -

Jude will only be the sub, or aimed to be subbed out. Its not a simple as In/Out. If we take Jude in, rest assured we wont risk playing another slightly injured player who may not run out the game.

All depends how LRT pulls up I'd say. (or any other injury niggles)

Morton needs a full game. Whether thats in the 1's or 2's, its up to Longmire. Playing 2 quarters in 2 weeks will not be doing his match fitness any good.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Jetta to sub this week.
    Damn good idea jono, might put the rocket up his backside that he needs.
    I thought he was an excellent sub when he played the role last year and it would certainly throw a spanner in the Cats set ups.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Morton has taken all year to get a game - that says something to me, ie: he wasn't convincing the selection committee during this time.

What they have done is give him the chance to stake a claim for a regular place next year.

Walsh - not convinced he is going to be anything (beginning to see why St Klida weren't that upset to lose him).

Anyways back to topic - Bolton In - Out - Morton
    sprite

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Damn good idea jono, might put the rocket up his backside that he needs.
    I thought he was an excellent sub when he played the role last year and it would certainly throw a spanner in the Cats set ups.
    I just think playing a quarter or two (barring injury of course) will do him well at this stage as he has been pretty quiet and could do with a bit of a rest. It would also throw the Cats just a little as they no doubt have figured out a player or two to run with him, as other teams in the last month or so have...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast