Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: no respect

Regular in the Side

no respect

Lumbered with the toughest run home of any side. Difficult to assess, but appears likely to lose both matches and slip to third,

This quote is in the age today. I would have thought being on top of the ladder and having beaten both teams already this year that we would get some credit.

Read more: Super eight
    news/super-eight-20120820-24iq0.html

"If Buddy plays, the Hawks will win". I wonder if Jon Pierik said that before Round 5?

Who gives a crap what some Melbourne journo thinks. As long as there's self belief in the group that's all that matters.

Its actually one of the easier run home's...... We only play sides below us.

What a ridiculous statement, Buddy plays, Hawks win, given that Ted ran him off his lgs last time, and that Buddy hasn't played for 6 weeks, a normal person would think he may struggle. Bloke is obviously a tool
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

"theyll most likely lose both" does this halfwit not realise we beat them in tasmania without mumford, and beat geelong last year at their home ground aswell!

We're a better chance against the cats IMO, but I believe we can win both. Our best footy is as good as anyone's.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Lumbered with the toughest run home of any side. Difficult to assess, but appears likely to lose both matches and slip to third,

This quote is in the age today.
    Rubbish from the journo. Take a closer look and we will see. The Eagles have the toughest fixture in the last two rounds.

Sydney: Hawthorn (H), Geelong (A).
    West Coast: Collingwood (H), Hawthorn (A).

1. Both sides play Hawthorn. Not an easy game for either side.
    2. West Coast have the more difficult task of playing Hawthorn away while the Swans have Hawthorn at home. West Coast's task against Hawthorn is more difficult because West Coast's losses this year have mostly been away games.
    3. Sydney play Geelong, a good side with an impressive home record, but the Swans have won their last three against the cats and won at the ground last time they played there.
    4. West Coast host Collingwood. West Coast also have an impressive home record, but Collingwood have just an impressive record outside Victoria in the last five years.
    5. The Swans defeated both opponents last time. Both sides may have played off in the 2008 Grand Final, but this is 2012, not 2008.

Assessment:
    Hawthorn is a push, although the Eagles' chances against the Hawks are lower because they play the Hawks away.
    I would rate Collingwood a better chance of defeating the Eagles in Perth in round 22 than the Cats are of defeating the Swans in the final round.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Nah, he is probably right. Geelong reigning premiers, playing good footy, and at home. Hawks, flag favourites, getting best forward in the game back.

It's up to us to prove him wrong, not whinge about an opinion.

I don't know but I think you lot might be a bit overconfident.....I am not confident at all of winning either game. He just might be right.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Nice to see some real Swans fans being ever pessimistic about our chances against quality opposition. If it was 1918 all over again a real Swans fan would be lamenting the 5-point loss to St Kilda in round 4. Never mind the fact that it was our only loss for the season, or the closest that any side has ever gone to having an undefeated season, that's a small detail.

It helps to keep our feet on the ground until we know that we can fly.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Not surprising from Melbourne journos, they never have, and never will, think any swans side is capable of winning a flag until we actually win it. I do agree with them in this case though that we should be underdogs in both games. The Hawks have an extremely potent ability to score (average winning margin of over 78 points in the last 2-3 months) and get their best forward back. Most neutrals would tip them this week.

Geelong at Kardinia is still one of the toughest road trips in the game, probably a coinflip at best.

Im very cautiously optimistic, but wouldnt be surprised if we dropped both.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast