Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for 23 v the Cats

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why do I always hear the theme to the 'Twilight Zone' when I come to this thread.
    Cracked me up, that did. Very funny.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    It's a long shot but maybe rest Jetta for a week get himself right - cats know how he works but they don't really know Morton- I am forever hopeful.
    I LIKE THIS ... JETTA IS JUST NOT (AND INJURED) AN IN FORM PLAYER ... MORTON WOULD BE THE UNKNOWN WEAPON...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Please don't shout

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I LIKE THIS ... JETTA IS JUST NOT (AND INJURED) AN IN FORM PLAYER ... MORTON WOULD BE THE UNKNOWN WEAPON...
    Whilst Morton wouldn't be unknown to the Cats, he's still worth getting a full game into. Unless he was given the sub gigs just as an encouragement to keep up the work he's put in since joining us. If so, he'll be out this week, with Jude coming back in .

IMHO Jetta needs to stay. Not long ago he was in all Australian form. HE has been tagged out of games to a degree but the touches he does get are often very important. I do, however think he could be used as the sub in order to rest him up a bit before finals and it certainly would provide an injection of pace late in the game.
    As for who to drop for Jude coming in? I am glad it is a question for the selection panel and not me, but sadly I think Morton would be the most likely to go even though I agree with just about everyone on the thread he deserves greater opportunity.

It seems like a really strange move to not play Morton with Reid out. Our forward line has not functioned well for a while. Today seems like a lost opportunity to try and see if a new target would make a positive difference. Even if he did not work out, at least we would have a greater understanding of what our options are going into a final series.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678