Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: We wont win the premiership this year...

we are either so close to a finals or GF win or we are miles away

the difference maybe only a goal or a behind !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List
    And I reiterate what I said. We are the number 1 defensive side in the comp and we have let through 8 unanswered goals in 20 minutes against Geelong when the game was evenly poised and there for the taking.

Genuine contenders don't let this happen and this is the 7th time
    this year this has occurred. We have now lost to Adelaide, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong who are the top sides in the running.

I don't see anyone beating the hawks this year.

The initial thread wasnt being negative. It was stating the facts and being realistic. We are getting belted in the clearances in short spaces of time that either let sides back in the game or let the game slip away. This is not the quality of a premiership team imo. We have improved vastly from
    last year and should take a lot of positives from the year.

We will need to pull something out of the bag in the finals
    Last edited by Hazcam; 1st September 2012 at 11:19 PM.

We've just finished 3rd for the year.

If we put together a 4 quarter effort next week and win, which I suspect we will, we'll have a week off then a prelim in Sydney....

What will you be saying then?

Footy fortunes can change very quickly, and often do, on one good result....

Most fans can only dream of their team being in the top 4.....We're up to our necks in it, lighten up and enjoy it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    I'm thrilled we've finished top four in the H&A, it's a very commendable result. I just think Hawthorn are a cut above this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    We've just finished 3rd for the year.

If we put together a 4 quarter effort next week and win, which I suspect we will, we'll have a week off then a prelim in Sydney....

What will you be saying then?

Footy fortunes can change very quickly, and often do, on one good result....

Most fans can only dream of their team being in the top 4.....We're up to our necks in it, lighten up and enjoy it.
    Yep. The REAL season starts next weekend.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    I'm thrilled we've finished top four in the H&A, it's a very commendable result. I just think Hawthorn are a cut above this year.
    If you ignore the big names in the team and just focus on the collective the Hawks aren't as scary. And they have had their own issues with oppositions scoring unanswered goals.

On the Rookie List
    Well maybe I'm just being a realist. I believe we have shown that we are not quite there. We had moments where we could've beaten those top sides but let it slip in no time.

You just can't let that happen and especially in finals it'll kill you. The manner in which hawthorn levelled the scores in 10 mins and Geelong sealed the game in half a quarter was breathtaking.

Speaking on Adelaide. We have beaten them twice in 14 games, I don't see how we are certainties at their home ground. We need to show why we are the best defensive and tackling team in the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    The facts are we beat them with a 60 point turn around in Tassie...And lost a game that could of gone either way last week.

There are many on here who profess to being realistic when they are actually being fatalistic.

We're in the top 4 , 2 bites at the cherry , in an open season.......ENJOY IT
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazcam View Post
    Well maybe I'm just being a realist. I believe we have shown that we are not quite there. We had moments where we could've beaten those top sides but let it slip in no time.

You just can't let that happen and especially in finals it'll kill you. The manner in which hawthorn levelled the scores in 10 mins and Geelong sealed the game in half a quarter was breathtaking.

Speaking on Adelaide. We have beaten them twice in 14 games, I don't see how we are certainties at their home ground. We need to show why we are the best defensive and tackling team in the comp.
    Maybe we're good enough, maybe we're not. But why not just enjoy the ride, whatever happens in the next few weeks?

On the Rookie List
    I want a flag dammit! Every year!

I think a win over Adelaide next week will be akin to the giant killing effort against Port in 2003. Then it's a home final and it's on like donkey kong!

I think we need to beat the crowd though. Best passage through.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Maybe we're good enough, maybe we're not. But why not just enjoy the ride, whatever happens in the next few weeks?
    Exactly! I've been enjoying the last few weeks and am glad we're mixing it with the best at the business end of the season.... Whatever happens I'm proud of the boys because I think we've done really well this season.

That said, I still want us to go all the way!!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Its RWO, and there are a few here that have been bucked off already
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast