2 15.38%
  • Geelong - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Geelong - 40 points or more

0 0%

Thread: Round 23 - Geelong

Round 23 - Geelong

Pretty simple equation this week.

Win, and we'll either finish first if Hawthorn loses to the Eagles (very unlikely), or, at least, maintain our spot in second, even if Adelaide wins against the Suns (very likely).

As long as we win, Adelaide would have to beat the Suns by the mother of all mega-floggings to displace us in second (very unlikely, but they'll probably try).

Of course, if we lose, we'll most likely finish third, and have to face the Crows on their home turf in the Qualifying Final.

So how likely is it that we'll beat the Cats this week?

The team should have very fond memories of their last trip to the Cattery. At the time, Geelong were coming off the bye and some pretty soft preceeding matches, so they were ripe for the picking. I don't think they'll be like that this time.

At this time of the year, ladder position and percentage indicates we should win. But it's going to be tough.

I think it will come down to hunger, and how much we'd prefer a Sydney final than having to travel to Adelaide. And if Jude Bolton is back this week, that will only help.

So I'll back us to win, but only narrowly.

Swans by 6.

I dont have confidence of us winning close ones. Geelong by 2-3 goals

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    This is apparently the $10 million game .... for Sydney revenue for two home finals.... so a bit of bribery is required...
    If they win the players do NOT have to have ICE BATHS in Geelong... !!!
    Go boys...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Re: Round 23 - Geelong

If Goodes can get his head out of his derriere and play the football he's paid to produce I think we'll win.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Round 23 - Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    If Goodes can get his head out of his derriere and play the football he's paid to produce I think we'll win.
    Or Horse thinks outside his box, which has worked very well this year, and put Goodes on a wing opposite jetty, we will a lot closer to a first up final on our own turf. BTW I am desperate to know when our first home final is as the wife has agreed that we should make the trip down from Coffs for at least our first home final
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I dont have confidence of us winning close ones. Geelong by 2-3 goals
    +1.

No Rohan this time.