Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proof the umpires robbed us........

Proof the umpires robbed us........

Umpire got it wrong: AFL

Not surprised at all........

Nice to know. However when someone gets robbed, even if they catch the criminal, they have still been robbed. we wuz robbed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Might hold us in good stead down at the cattery, knowing that the AFL screwed us over the weekend before with the Umps :P

and what about the 50 mtr penalty that wasn't awarded, that was wrong as well

There is poor umpiring in every game, we don't really know if it changes the outcome of the game when we won the free count by double, although most of them came in the first q when we were actually crushing them. We should have been further in front and it wouldn't have even been an issue
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Don't think anyone in football doubted it was a wrong decision. Glad they admitted it though.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    and what about the 50 mtr penalty that wasn't awarded, that was wrong as well
    Geisch just admitted both were wrong on 'Its your call'

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    There is poor umpiring in every game, we don't really know if it changes the outcome of the game when we won the free count by double, although most of them came in the first q when we were actually crushing them. We should have been further in front and it wouldn't have even been an issue
    Normally, I would agree Gong.

Generally, a poor decision has very little impact on the outcome of a game and I understand we should have been further ahead.

However, two poor decisions in the last minutes of a game, which costs us 2 goals (one for and one against) has a huge impact.

Those poor decisions cost us the game.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    At one level these comments are balanced and sensible.

However I cant agree that the Swans can feel satisfied that such poor decisions were made at critically the dying minutes of a close game. whereupon it impacted directly on the scores. Hawthorn should not have got the goal for the push in the back decision. An extraordinarily poor decision for a so called first rate professional umpire to make. The no 50 metre decision was more in the area of grey. However it represented the first time I have ever witnessed an umpire state that the throwing away of a ball was not intentional.in the context of consistency a very bad 'non' decision

And pure free kick counts is not a measure of the quality of the umpiring. How many frees went against the Hawks that were both clearly wrong and impacted on the scoreline? None that i am aware.

What REALLY bugs me is the limited reporting of the highly significant decisions in the newspapers' reports of the game. It is like the jouros are too timid to write about it, (with exceptions, but even still the reporting seems like an afterthought)
    Last edited by top40; 28th August 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    At one level these comments are balanced and sensible.

However I cant agree that the Swans can feel satisfied that such poor decisions were made at critically the dying minutes of a close game. whereupon it impacted directly on the scores. Hawthorn should not have got the goal for the push in the back decision. An extraordinarily poor decision for a so called first rate professional umpire to make. The no 50 metre decision was more in the area of grey. However it represented the first time I have ever witnessed an umpire state that the throwing away of a ball was not intentional.in the context of consistency a very bad 'non' decision

And pure free kick counts is not a measure of the quality of the umpiring. How many frees went against the Hawks that were both clearly wrong and impacted on the scoreline? None that i am aware.

What REALLY bugs me is the limited reporting of the highly significant decisions in the newspapers' reports of the game. It is like the jouros are too timid to write about it, (with exceptions, but even still the reporting seems like an afterthought)
    Doesn't help us now but Gieschen admits both were mistakes in this weeks review clip http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/484419/I...20Your%20Call/

So we actually won the game 101-96. Only we didn't get the 4 points.

Hope we win on Saturday to make it right. Even better, as we can play Adelaide at home instead of probably Collingwood.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Someone umping at under 14 level would have got those calls correct. The crowd howl was the loudest ive ever heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast