Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kirk joins Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Oh Brett, how could you? Now you will have to wear purple!
    Most of his wardrobe that isn't red and white is purple anyway, isn't it? ... with wide lapels and ruffles.

Smart move by Rossie! ... regardless of what Kirk brings as a technician, they will be the team in WA with the "no dickhead" policy.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    When does he start? Freo are the dark horse even this year.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Not sure he has the best footy brain, but will be a good influence nonetheless. Good Luck Kirky, hope you have a successful coaching career.
    I suspect it was his footy brain that got him to the heights he reached. Had no trouble knowing where to run and how to find the footy. Awkward kick but knew where the goals were, and was a terribly accurate passer of the footy by hand and foot. Also had an uncanny knack of knowing where his own players and opposition were. Suspect he would score very high on IQ and Emotional Intelligence tests. And what about those 1%ers.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Brett Kirk will be back in the fold at the Swans some time. This is his apprenticeship.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Brett Kirk will be back in the fold at the Swans some time. This is his apprenticeship.
    Only if he is good enough and there are many in front of him.

He wasn't going to have a long career as a side line reporter.

I wonder if that buggers the book sales. Not clever timing.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Only if he is good enough and there are many in front of him.

He wasn't going to have a long career as a side line reporter
    Agree with that, people have very short memories. Plenty of other swans people already serving coaching apprenticeships.

Appalling side line commentator, hope he does not serve up that drivel to players. He will be a laughing stock

Veterans List
    I wonder how the family will like Freo? And I'll bet 100% that this was discussed with JL and PR in advance. Not much use having a coach with just one team experience. Learn elsewhere and return in a few years. He already has the teaching skills.

I'd be interested to know of an ex-Swans player that would stand ahead of him in terms of intentions of having him back at the SCG. Among captains Stewie is there already, not Bulldog Baz, B2 too quiet, maybe once PK but pre GWS? I doubt it'd be Willo. I had a discussion last year with Tadhg about his plans of going elsewhere then returning to the Swans down the track. I'd say Kirk for 2015 or 2016.

He'll be back....
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'd be interested to know of an ex-Swans player that would stand ahead of him in terms of intentions of having him back at the SCG. Among captains Stewie is there already, not Bulldog Baz, B2 too quiet, maybe once PK but pre GWS? I doubt it'd be Willo.
    William seems to be going well.

A leader on the field does not necessarily make one off the field. It should be the best person for the job and not just ex players.

He would have been better going to another Club and be with someone he has not had coaching experience with.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Brett Kirk joins Freo

He'd still be learning from a good coach regardless. Lyon is one of the best in the business and will probably take Freo to their first flag as a club, or at least grand final. (side note, It @@@@s me to tears how St Kilda fans talk him down constantly. He got them to within 3 kicks of two flags! He did everything but pull the boots on and get them over the line himself! ) Riding shotgun for that will look good on Kirkys resume, if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Riding shotgun for that will look good on Kirkys resume, if it happens.
    I think he will walk, wearing a kaftan, carrying a pansy.

Goes up to 11
    Most former players seeking a move into coaching go away from their playing club to get experience. It'd be nice to see the prodigal son return sometime in future, even if he's leading a rebuilding stage after 5 consecutive premierships.... He's a NSW boy too so that'd be extra good if he makes it....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast