Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Drafting Table

What we need is a match winner, doesn't really matter what size.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    What we need is a match winner, doesn't really matter what size.
    Indian bookmakers are hard to find these days

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Indian bookmakers are hard to find these days
    isn't that a match fixer?

Regular in the Side
    Tommy Hawkins went ok

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Tommy Hawkins went ok
    Yeah he did, although I didn't think our defenders were disgraced. Still looking at the forward line as an area to be fixed. We look to have some up and comers in the ressiies in Lamb, Brown, Cunningham etc, but if we want an instant fix next year, the cheque book will have to come out, altough Rohan may come back as a key forward
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Our forward line is the weak link, but I don't think there is anything coming from the outside, draft or trade that will fix that next year. The best hope is that Reid becomes a dominant marking forward, a la Hawkins or Walker. Once you have a forward like that it draws the defence to them and makes it easier for the others.

Tom Lee a 22 y o from WA, delisted a while back by Adelaide, has been playing well and is a good chance of getting drafted again this year. He is one that could slot right in and make an impact.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Yeah he did, although I didn't think our defenders were disgraced. Still looking at the forward line as an area to be fixed. We look to have some up and comers in the ressiies in Lamb, Brown, Cunningham etc, but if we want an instant fix next year, the cheque book will have to come out, altough Rohan may come back as a key forward
    He might fix our forward line.

Veterans List
    Draft order is taking shape.

We can end up with our first pick between 17 (if we get rolled in both finals games and other games go a certain way) and pick 22 if we win the flag. Our next pick will be between 37 and 42. Not a lot to pin hopes on in the ND nor huge chips for trading month.

However under free agency you don't have to give the other club anything in return, the AFL creates extra picks to compensate them. So if we can entice Travis Cloke with big $ he won't cost us players or picks to get him out of Collingwood and we can afford him but Collingwood can't. Cloke may have had form issues this year but he is a monster forward who needs minding by oppositions, can bomb them long and will attract heat away from Reid. He is a serious option for us IMO.

So this years National Draft (ND) the first 14 picks are now settled although GWS will pick up two more high draft picks by trading two 17 year olds who would probably be very high picks in the 2014 draft. There's talk that Gold Coast will give up pick 3 for one of them as they did last year to grab the mercurial O'Meara.

So currently its
    1 GWS
    2 GWS
    3 GCS (GWS?)
    4 Tankers
    5 Tankers
    6 WB
    7 WB
    8 Port
    9 Bris
    10 Richmond
    11 Essendon
    12 Carton
    13 St.Kilda
    14 Tankers
    15-22 depends on finals
    23 Brisbane then we start again
    24 GWS
    25 GCS
    26 Tankers (probably Viney under Father-Son, a steal) etc
    Last edited by 707; 2nd September 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Why do GWS have two picks at the start of the draft? I thought they just had pick one.

Veterans List
    I would be throwing the bank account, cheque book and grandstand at Goodard to get him to the Swans. His case has been very quiet and I would be very surprised if we have not had a quiet chat to his manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I would be throwing the bank account, cheque book and grandstand at Goodard to get him to the Swans. His case has been very quiet and I would be very surprised if we have not had a quiet chat to his manager.
    I agree he would be fantastic asset. The problem is keeping our young list onboard salary cap wise. I think he may be too expensive unless we shed a veteran

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    I agree he would be fantastic asset. The problem is keeping our young list onboard salary cap wise. I think he may be too expensive unless we shed a veteran
    We already have Reid stitched up and a lot of our young players, as much as they have been consistent, apart from Jack and Kennedy, really who will command big bucks.
    Seaby and Moore are gone. White is probably gone and maybe TDL. If Jude gets to 300 then he could easily hang up the boots. Meredith has been around a long time and probably looking for a change. To lose those players and pick up a player like Goodard doesn't harm our depth too much if at all. Load up on him and maybe a lesser light that we seem to turnaround, then draft young players. A bit like Supercoach.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast