Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY thread Swans v Cats Round 23

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Walsh isn't impressing me much.. I reckon Jessie should have been given a run..
    You got to be joking...Walsh has played his role fantastically so far. He competes and wins his own ball.

He's going much better than I expected.

The only worry with him is his kicking for goal.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Agree wazza, natural ability is missing and decision making is missing

Oh and after all that @@@@house play we are only 9 pts behind. Honestly we could have been 20 pts behind and I wouldn't have questioned it. It's a blessing - lets hope we take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    According to ABC commentary there was no Swans forward line for most of the quarter. There was no swans player beyond the centre for much of the time and the Geelong backs were rebounding the ball with ease fom the centre line. They can't understand why the Swans are doing this and if they keep doing more of the same they can't win. They contrast this with the way the Swans played the first quarter, totally differently, effectively and well.
    We play without a forward line because we have no forwards. Lrt, goodes, Walsh are just not afl standard forwards. Pyke can mark but is too slow, to be really effective. For all of the criticism of the half back line they are running but with nothing to kick to what options do they have.

Our defence has done incredibly well in the circumstances.

Regular in the Side
    If Reg has a good record which i think he does then he may get off with an early plea - helped because the effect of the hit was pretty low - the pod hardly flinched. Here's hoping anyway. Need a lift from everyone now - so many times down the throats of the cats - unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    According to ABC commentary there was no Swans forward line for most of the quarter. There was no swans player beyond the centre for much of the time and the Geelong backs were rebounding the ball with ease fom the centre line. They can't understand why the Swans are doing this and if they keep doing more of the same they can't win. They contrast this with the way the Swans played the first quarter, totally differently, effectively and well.
    ABC are the 3 gl of commentary today !
    In general play they only call the Geelong players.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    You got to be joking...Walsh has played his role fantastically so far. He competes and wins his own ball.

I too have been pleasantly surprised by Walsh. But my expectations were so low that his ability to find the ball have pleased me.

We are very competitive so far .. more scoring shots !
    Just need to keep the pressure up and score a few goals

The coaches went back to 2005 football again by flooding the Cats forward line. It didn't work anyway so why do it? For ***** sake play our game and let's not get sucked into their game. They will play the scrag and run all day we have to get quick clearances not allow packs because that is what they want! They also want us to flood so they can just continually bang the ball in

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

Walsh has had one shot for goal!!!!!!

The skinny ground doesnt help Jetta. There are no wings and space for him to run to, so it easier to cover his run. We need to take them on up the guts like we did last year. Goodes needs to impose himself on the game.

What has walsh done so far? giving away the ball and free kicks. When the ball is coming out of our fifty long we struggle to take marks all season, killed us against the hawks also last week

I think Walsh's role is to crash packs on the wing and send the ball over the line or to bring the ball to ground in the 50 if he can't mark it.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast