Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY thread Swans v Cats Round 23

Senior Player
    That was pretty bad.

Too many passengers for the Swans today. LRT, Hannebery, Grundy and Jetta have done nothing. Sorry, Grundy stupidly elbowed Podsiadly in the head 1 week from the finals. WTF was he thinking?

Kennedy and McVeigh have been good but how many marks have we taken within range of goals? SFA.

Massive lift needed in this half - if we can't manage it today I dont see how we can win next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Bad quarter. We hardly went forward at all. Need to change that quick smart.
    We have absolutely nothing to kick to. The forward line has been sucked to the ball. The heat around it means we can't kick to the advantage of our one player against the three spare cats.

This is a replica of all of the games where we get flogged over a short period of time. We can't hold the ball for any length of time. Tumble the ball forward and hope

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Walsh isn't impressing me much.. I reckon Jessie should have been given a run..
    I don't think you have been watching close enough.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How was that not a throw by Duncan?!?!?!?
    Yep, that one missed cost us a shot a goal - terrible non decision - the umps are scared of the crowd now.

First and foremost, Grundy you're a moron; a complete and utter moron. 1 week out from finals and you strike a player the face. Well done you tossbag.

Next, our use of the ball in defensive 50 is deplorable. Can't find a target and so many turnovers. Armstrong looks out of his depth down back. He waits for passes as opposed to seeking them if you get what I mean. Hanners has been really quiet, but when he has got the ball it is turnover city. He needs to lift and provide an option going out of defensive 50.

Our midfielders are trying, but they've got no space or time and again our forwards have been ineffective on the odd occasion we actually get into forward 50.

Eugh, this game is giving me the @@@@s.

Edit: I forgot to get into Jetta. He's being lacking in every way, but the most incriminating fact is that he hangs off when the ball is in dispute. Get in there and get the bloody ball and stop waiting for somebody to give it to you!!!! Honestly I'm losing my tolerance for him becasue he's been nothing but lazy in his approach.

Also Mike Pyke - learn how to handball and stop turning over the ball. No point being in defense if you just hand it back in prime position.

I know the pressure is good....but our disposal by hand and foot is truly amazing. How can we possibly be only 9 points down?
    It is absolutely incomprehensible that we can kick long to the advantage of Geelong 10 or even 15 times in a row...and those are the good disposals!!!!!

On the other hand nearly all of Geelong's goals have come directly or indirectly from errors of disposal or decision making (or both!!!!) from the Swans so at least our destiny is in our own hands. :-)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSwanPerth View Post
    Nowhere near a top two team, tommy isnt good enough at this level, no run from our half backline, we are lucky to be still in the game.
    Disagree. Walsh has been very good considering his experience and as Mick said in the past, a team blocks our run out of defence and we are stuffed. No option B.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    OK, what has he done other than give away free kicks for reckless tackles ?

Glad they reacted and put LRT down back as Mattner was getting caught on the resting ruckman. How in Homers name did that happen in the first place? He should never have been exposed to a resting ruck, AJ yes Marty No! Played a bit better toward the end of the term but no forward line. The delivery does not help. We are just bombing away again. I am a bit peeved at the experienced players who are rushing their kicks under perceived pressure and stuffing up big time. Players like Shaw, who I am sure hasn't bothered to hit one of our players as yet, Mattner, LRT, Jude, Kizza & Teddy. Normally Teddy is so sure in his delivery but today he is stuffing up monumentally, what was that bounce three times and handball to a players feet?

We need to win today and we need to show this mob we are the better team but I wonder if we are! I think we still need to change a few players before we win another premiership! I don't care what anyone says, Shaw has been pitiful today! He was getting killed by Chapman in the first and then he stepped up in the second and third but his delivery and decision making have been crap! He is not a pressure player, he goes to water!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I think your watching another game Tommy has been a liability how many frees against handball to teammates under the hammer, having a shiocker sub him for parker now!!

Senior Player
    Jetta looks lost - maybe give him a run in a forward pocket and tell the lumbering forwards to stay away. Could be a good tactic if we have the wind - bomb it in and hope Jetta can snag a few.

I am really disappointed with Alex Johnson - he seems 'pensive' whenever he gets near the ball. I wish he would take a risk and play positively.

That deliberate out of bounds against Teddy was an absolute joke - he was 15-30CM's from the line when he got the ball!

So, in other words, we can't actually play worse. And when we do have opportunities we buthcer the ball or....worse...3 on one on the wing and NONE of the Swans actually goes for the ball....Goodes and co. step back or try to shepherd....and then give away a free to the bloke (Hunt) who actually hunted the ball!!!

BTW Geelong are absolutely brilliant at players leading in all directions resulting in an uncontested ball straight up the middle.......of course if the F50 pressure was good enough they wouldn't be able to wait till that player presented, they would have to kick and hope....like the Swans are from their back pockets!!!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast