Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodes...NOW is your time!

No longer a Mega star only a good average player. Old age is a bitch!

Senior Player
    As I pointed out last week, Adam Goodes can no longer be relied upon as our deus ex machina. He lacks the stamina to go to the middle when we're in trouble.
    He is judged harshly , because he has set such a stratospheric standard , so criticism is ironically a credit to his greatness .
    As he is now performing below that standard, it would not be a surprise to see him retire at season's end.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    This thread is an absolute joke and the comments here laughable at best.

Goodes is notorious for going through patches of mere mortal form. Before he was injured earlier this year he was on fire - he'll be back in superstar form sometime, but perhaps not this season. I prefer him up forward for the time being.
    up the guts

I thought Goodes played ok yesterday and was basically our only forward..........this spinning the ball before he has a set shot drives me wild it's a bad habit and looks woeful when you continue to miss set shots

Quote Originally Posted by teddys mum View Post
    Goodes .... Before he was injured earlier this year he was on fire - he'll be back in superstar form sometime, but perhaps not this season.
    +1

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Hasn't his time been every week since returning from injury.

Will next week be any different?
    BRC, there is always next week in the AFL. Fans live in eternal hope.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Geez we judge goodes harshly.

19 posessions, 2 goals, 7 marks today. Seems we expect him to get 25 pos n kick 4 goals every week. Ridiculous
    It was probably his best game for some time. All he has to do is find the targets and not kick in hope with his high floaters.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    We'll find out after the season he has been playing with a significant injury I bet.
    I think that he is carrying an injury for he has not used his left foot to kick the ball in recent games.

Quote Originally Posted by teddys mum View Post
    Goodes is notorious for going through patches of mere mortal form. Before he was injured earlier this year he was on fire - he'll be back in superstar form sometime, but perhaps not this season. I prefer him up forward for the time being.
    He will come back when he he fully fit. Of course he will have his ordinary days, let us not forget that he has played over 300 games at the highest level and is not young in footy terms.

Goodes...NOW is your time!

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    This thread is an absolute joke and the comments here laughable at best.
    I actually started this thread with the intention of reminding everyone that Goodsey's best game was v the Crows earlier in the season. He is my favourite player and I reckon we will see his sparkling best on Saturday afternoon!
    Swannies for life!

Goodes is not fit and unfortuantely Adam is not a true forward who takes contested marks which is what we need - on the lead fine - in a pack or a bit of body work and he just does not take enough marks - on the wing / midfield he can play for as long as likes as long as he doesnt have to pick up an opponent

Goodes...NOW is your time!

Goodsey you champion! You HAD been waiting for September!!!
    Swannies for life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast