Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time to bring back Jesse White...

Regular in the Side
    Maybe Seaby in the ruck and Mumford up forward

I watched 20 mins of the Ressies feed before I got sick of the bad connection.

Two things struck me.

1. The difference in disposal between this level and the step up is enormous.

2. The things that players don't get selected for, or have been selected and dropped for, are very evident. Meredith shirks the hard stuff. White has no peripheral vision and isn't a great contested mark (though he has a much better engine now days). Moore is a cut above (his pace isn't found out at this level). Everitt looked good. etc

Didn't see any solutions.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 2nd September 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

Two things struck me.

2. The things that players don't get selected for, or have been selected and dropped for, are very evident. Meredith shirks the hard stuff. White has no peripheral vision and isn't a great contested mark (though he has a much better engine now days). Moore is a cut above (his pace isn't found out at this level). Everitt looked good. etc

In an emergency (e.g. one of our mids goes down before the game) Moore would make a great sub. By the time he got on they would all be running at his pace, and he would really have an impact. More so than Jesse.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Seaby at all times before White!!
    He can ruck, mark and actually do things!
    doof-doof

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

Two things struck me.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Meredith at all. I've watched a bit of the ressies and haven't seen that. Actually think it's been great for his football to see him play consistently this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of Meredith at all. I've watched a bit of the ressies and haven't seen that. Actually think it's been great for his football to see him play consistently this season.
    No, Meredith totally shirked the hard stuff this week. Didn't even seem to raise a sweat... whilst sitting about 4 rows behind me at the game in Geelong.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    No, Meredith totally shirked the hard stuff this week. Didn't even seem to raise a sweat... whilst sitting about 4 rows behind me at the game in Geelong.
    Cmon.....he was eating that weird chicken. Definitely hard.

Did you guys go to Geelong then? Hardly mentioned it!

How many 1st grade games has Jessie actually played ? Hawkins only came good in the finals last year.. Seeing as he just played his 100th, that means 75 pretty ordinary games before he came good.

Veterans List
    Why would you play White before Morton? Morton moves around and has some skill below his knees. We don't need a ruckman and White is good at finding a black hole in the forward line. If we are going to include another forward to support Reid it must be Morton.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    How many 1st grade games has Jessie actually played ? Hawkins only came good in the finals last year.. Seeing as he just played his 100th, that means 75 pretty ordinary games before he came good.
    Difference is Hawkins always had some idea of how to play the game as a forward.

Jesse has been very impressive since Seaby's injury and playing in the ruck all game against so many different opponents I would tend to discount the inferior nature of the competition. I don't hold much hope that he will any great success, but given the current ruck situation, he's not all that bad for a 3rd ruck depth player. And if he can continue his current form, he could even give Pyke a challenge for 2nd ruck next year. I think he's good enough to keep and let us off load Seaby and not have to worry about drafting another ruckman this year. All the ruckmen have have long term injuries over the last 2 years, so we really need a backup. I think Jesse is a better option as a ruckman than LRT and would be the choice if we lost both Pyke and Mummy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast