Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time to bring back Jesse White...

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    "He would drop it, too heavy"

Too much hair product
    No just weak as piss

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    No, it's not easy to forget, in fact it's the very reason most of us have found him so bloody frustrating over the past few years when he's continually produced SFA when given his numerous chances in the seniors....
    Spot on

Horse gave up on him months ago...he's right at the bottom of the pooh queue.....No chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Horse gave up on him months ago...he's right at the bottom of the pooh queue.....No chance.
    Yep, hope his drawings are good...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Nah heart of a pea, no work ethic, bye bye time
    This opinion of him, and you're certainly not alone on it, I do question. As a recent example, the guy has rucked for pretty much 5 games on the trot without a break in the reserves, and has been named in the best each week- to me that's someone who has a heart and is showing some work ethic.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, it's not easy to forget, in fact it's the very reason most of us have found him so bloody frustrating over the past few years when he's continually produced SFA when given his numerous chances in the seniors....
    I thought he was fine in each of his games in the seniors this season as the backup ruckman, certainly better in my eyes than LRT was to that point.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

LRT for Grundy in the backline and Jessie for LRTs role

Reid back with Goodes in the forwards and pyke and Mummy rotating up front/ruck
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I thought he was fine in each of his games in the seniors this season as the backup ruckman, certainly better in my eyes than LRT was to that point.
    As a recent example every time he has played seniors he has shirked contests. I think the neafl might be his go.
    Too soft for senior afl footy, abjectly refuses to use his size in contests

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Last game of 2009 v Brisbane at SCG he played FF against Lachie Henderson. He made Henderson look totally second rate, marking at will and even running around him on the mark on more than one occasion and goaling from 50.

It's been 3 years since then and he hasn't come close to reproducing that game. Came close in the 2010 game against Hawthorn at the SCG when he decided to throw his weight around, TDL was the beneficiary of a few split packs via the crumbs.

I think the disappointment lies in we thought we may have unearthed a hidden gem at the end of the draft, but unfortunately his output has been pretty much what you could reasonably expect from a player taken in the 70's/80's.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Agree Triple B.

I watched some games from a few seasons ago (the one we lost to the Saints by a point amongst others) where he was a real presence. Marking on the lead and dangerous even when the ball hit the ground.

Sadly nothing from him since he got the tatts in the offseason.

Now officially as useless as a mouldy turd.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think some of these posts are OTT - or below the belt.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He made Henderson look totally second rate,
    That's because Henderson is second rate..............

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast