Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to bring back Jesse White...

Time to bring back Jesse White...

Given all the discussion on how inadequate our forward structure has been this year, I think it's time we brought White back into the side.

He's a big bodied man who can play in the ruck or up forward, and at least he gives us another option. He was part of the team when we beat Geelong at the Cattery last year, and he's been involved in some other notable wins as well.

Importantly, he has a bit of big-match experience, something we desperately need right at the moment.

This is a wind up right ?

I still think Jesse offered more than lrt - and he Got the blame for games where our game plan fell apart - see Richmond this year.

But this debate has been done so many times...

I have changed my mind about our side a little in recent weeks. We have no forwards who can mark the ball, but it is the midfield that matters. When they get overrun we get beaten. When they are pressured we are beaten. See Richmond, st kilda, essendon for one quarter, Geelong (1) for one quarter and so on.

We can't control the ball forward of centre because we have no forward - which means our only hope is to have a midfield get it there.

The more I think about the more I think that we should just include extra runners in the side - everitt, lamb etc rather than forwards that can't mark.

Having a big body and using it are two very different things, and he has shown little of the latter.

I don't have a great deal of confidence in Everitt, Reid or Walsh at the moment, but I have even less in White. He has been proven time and again to simply go missing in games.

Our greater problems are our disposal out of defence and our midfield.

Just wild about Harry
    Bring back Ryan O'Connor

On the Rookie List
    Losing to Geelong at "the cattery" means nothing. Shame about Grundy however which is the only significant fact to come from a match on a ground that defines "Home Town umpiring" . The Swans best footy can beat anyone in the finals provided it can be maintained for 4 quarters. At various times this year we have dominated the best sides in the competition only to relinquish a strong lead through lapses.Maybe play Jetts on the opposite side to Malceski who tends to ignore him racing down the wing and prefers to pump the ball into a non marking forward line.We played best when we carried the ball to 1/2 forward with run.If Reid is injured he should not be picked as he is not a player that can carry and injury and play well.Bolton is the opposite!

Where's Ed Barlow when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Bring back Ryan O'Connor
    That is more like it, also Stefan Carey in the ruck

Bah! Get Nick out of the orange and into the red and white..there's a man who knew how to kick a goal!

Veterans List
    Has Chambers retired?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    This is a wind up right ?
    I.Q Test.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Where's Ed Barlow when you need him?
    Bega
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I'm assuming the original post wasn't a wind up. If it wasn't I'd have to respectfully disagree with the suggestion. White has failed to deliver time and again when called up and he's now being reinvented as a ruckman I understand. We're going to hope we get Reid and Smith back next week and go with who we have and what we know. It's too late to do anything radical now.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast