Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Now On Crows

To me the draw has more the flavour of 2005 finals than '03. We start by playing an away QF which if we lose we most likely have a home game against Geelong. If we win there's even the chance of a game against the Eagles.

Lots to look forward to.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    To me the draw has more the flavour of 2005 finals than '03. We start by playing an away QF which if we lose we most likely have a home game against Geelong. If we win there's even the chance of a game against the Eagles.

Lots to look forward to.
    But what if Freo upsets Geelong. They then have 2 games on the road.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Freo will get flogged by Moggies.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But what if Freo upsets Geelong. They then have 2 games on the road.
    Nope. WE play at home in our next final what ever the results
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Nope. WE play at home in our next final what ever the results
    That's Freo has 2 on the road.

Pushing for Selection
    Yeah I would gives us a lot more chance of beating crows this week than geelong at skilled on Saturday. Adelaide are playing well but have obviously had an easier draw. Swans in my opinion are the better side but home ground advantage to even it up. 50/50 game in my opinion. Grundy if suspended would be disasterous against tippet/walker. We didn't play well against Geelong at all...only in small bursts. We didnt have any outside run and our trademark chain of handballs to players in space. Can't wait for Saturday. I think we would need to win to get to the Grand Final.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Yeah I would gives us a lot more chance of beating crows this week than geelong at skilled on Saturday. Adelaide are playing well but have obviously had an easier draw. Swans in my opinion are the better side but home ground advantage to even it up. 50/50 game in my opinion. Grundy if suspended would be disasterous against tippet/walker. We didn't play well against Geelong at all...only in small bursts. We didnt have any outside run and our trademark chain of handballs to players in space. Can't wait for Saturday. I think we would need to win to get to the Grand Final.
    There is more than suggestion that Walker may not play.

Pushing for Selection
    Let's hope not. Would be a huge out. Walker more dangerous than Tippet in my opinion.

Not seen this? Injured?

Veterans List
    Let's hope not. Would be a huge out. Walker more dangerous than Tippet in my opinion.
    Then it would be nice if Walker didn't play.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

For the Record

Just for the Record- I believe that when we were level on Saturday and Geelong got awarded two free kicks in front of gaol (nothing usual about that) the boys shut up shop and played very conservative, as if I wont risk an injury thank you. I am exremely confident of winning on Saturday, in fact for the first time this year, I will place money on it. I am also very confident that only Hawthorn can stop us winning the flag, If we dont reach the GF, I will be very disappointed. We will see the Real Swans on Saturday Arvo. This will tell us if we are contenders or pretenders.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Not seen this? Injured?
    Page 37 of the Herald Sun today in the finals teams summary under unavailabilty. Taylor Walker (hip). At least if he plays he goes in with a known injury.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast