Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Now On Crows

On the veteran's list

Pressure Now On Crows

With the home ground advantage now with the Crows, the pressure of expectation now moves to Adelaide. I take great heart out of a game where we beat Port in a final over there when they were flying. If I remember rightly we lost players to injury and still got over the line in a famous victory. Hopefully with the best umps involved, the whinging crowd won't slew things too much. How much of a home ground advantage would have ANZ been anyway?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I would take a crowd of red&white anyday. It looked amazing against the Blues a few years back and im sure it lifted the boys.

However, ive got no doubts we can win this.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    We just need longmire to hurt hos achilles playing basketball this week

Well, there certainly won't be any excuse for the Crows if they lose. Home ground advantage, playing their long time, currentlly out-of-form bunny team. Will be an absolute sensation if we win.

Pressure Now On Crows

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Well, there certainly won't be any excuse for the Crows if they lose. Home ground advantage, playing their long time, currentlly out-of-form bunny team. Will be an absolute sensation if we win.
    We will win on Saturday!
    Swannies for life!

We have literally fallen into one of the better finals draws. Of all finalist, top 8, who would not want to meet Adelaide.

Win this, and we'd likey go straight to a home preliminary final against Collingwood. How huge would that be!

On the veteran's list
    Interesting ABC radio in melbourne saying that with two minutes to go against hawthorn we were minor premiers but that next two minutes has led to a nightmare situation where we have to play our nemesis at their home ground. They quote our recent poor form against the Crows. I would have thought that had we held top spot we would have met our real nemesis Collingwood on a ground we just can't beat them on. What is it 10 in a row against us? Lose to them and we would then have had the pressure of the Minor premiers going out in straight sets. (Didn't we finish third in 2005?)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    It's not a perfect scenario, and irrespective of our history v the Crows, we have every chance of beating them if we put it together on the day. I'd take our best over their best this year.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    We will win this one!!
    We have played the best teams, Adelaide the easy teams.
    They have the the the best draw this year, ours the one the hardest.
    Don't forget, 1 1/2 minutes to go, we were up against the Hawks, boom!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Interesting ABC radio in melbourne saying that with two minutes to go against hawthorn we were minor premiers but that next two minutes has led to a nightmare situation where we have to play our nemesis at their home ground. They quote our recent poor form against the Crows. I would have thought that had we held top spot we would have met our real nemesis Collingwood on a ground we just can't beat them on. What is it 10 in a row against us? Lose to them and we would then have had the pressure of the Minor premiers going out in straight sets. (Didn't we finish third in 2005?)
    Yes. Strangely enough, we are probably better off losing the last 2 games than if we had beaten Hawthorn and had to play Collingwood. I think our chances are considerably better against Adelaide at AAMI.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Important factor could be the ruck duels. Jacobs has been great for them this year, but Mummy and Pyke didn't play in Round 6. If we defend the centre clearances well it may prove decisive, given Crows-Swans games tend to be close.

On the Rookie List
    I think the last time we beat the crows was in a final. At AAMI stadium we defeated Power in a qualifying final in 2003 after we finished 4th and Power 1st, so the ground holds no fears. To the Big Cat I think we played a Qualifying final against WCE in 2005 so we must have finished 3rd or 4th.

I am hopefully going to the game this week and if I do we should win, as I am the drought breaker.... WHAT????... I hear you say. I was at Subiaco when we defeated the Dockers for the first time in an Epoch so I figure my presence will give us the necessary impetus to get the job done this week. We were slaughtered by the Cats in the tackle count...that will not happen two weeks in a row. Dangerfield is the biggest weapon they have and we may not have a suitable match-up for him.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 3rd September 2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: drug references

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast