4 8.70%
  • Adelaide - between 20 and 39 points

3 6.52%
  • Adelaide - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Final 2 - Crows

Qualifying Final 2 - Crows

Well, we kick off our finals campaign this week playing one of our bogey teams at their home ground.

Based on win/loss ratios, our current form over the past month has not been good - on the face of it, it's just about the worst of any of this year's top 8 leading into the finals.

Our forward line is nowhere near settled, and one of our key defenders has gone and got himself suspended for the match.

That's the hand we've been dealt - but it doesn't mean we're not without some hope.

For a start, no-one will expect us to win. That burden belongs to the Crows, and there will be no excuse for them to lose.

Also, we've been through a really tough last month playing 1st, 4th, and 6th, whereas the Crows have played 13th, 16th, and 17th. I think we've had a better preparation somehow - as long as we're not too worn out.

If we can sort out the personnel issues, and above all else, win the contested footy, we might just score another famous victory.

So I think we can win. But only just.

Go Swannies!

Our last month has not been good, but it also includes two narrow losses to two genuine premiership contenders. Only the Geelong performance was really disappointing.

If we turn up with our A game, we are more than capable of beating Adelaide. We love going into finals as the underdogs, and the boys will stand up. It was a cracker of a match earlier in the season at the SCG, and I expect it will be on Saturday. We need to take some risks, take the game on, play hard and play fast. Our best footy this year is when we've worked hard with and without the ball and ripped teams apart. The game being at AAMI will help that - we could really use Jetta stepping up a gear and getting his early season mojo back.

Get in there Bloods, dig deep and show them what you are made of! Do that, and no matter the result we will be proud, but if we do that to the best of our ability, we will win!

I have to be positive as I believe - Swans by 3 points in a thriller!

# BELIEVE - Swans 2012!

For some reason I just keep thinking we will flog them.

Swans by 40 plus.

I hope we can but I think we need a big turn around from Goodes must kick goals and a retrun to form from Jetta - if goodes and jetta fire I think we have a chance. After watching the reserves last week I didnt mind Everitts game never been a fan but he looked ok was moving and setting up really well and can take a mark. Did he get injured?? Hopefully Armstrong can get another game if Smith is ok and comes in maybe Bird out given the large ground and pacy adelaide MF we may need Armstrongs pace...I agree with others who suggested playing Armstrong fwd has a lovely kick and reads the ball really well.

Goodes and Jetta fire Swans BY 17 if they dont Crows by 33

Cheers

waz

Honourable loss....... Crows by 10pts

Senior Player
    I'm really really not confident this week. Too many Crows related mental scars.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Taking my heart out of it , the Crows will play this game fast and direct hitting their targets, will pile on goals quickly, they have the footy smarts, that's all they think about over there, hugely parochial, very cocky.
    Sydney will have to strangle the life out of em, and then invent ways to kicks enough goals to win the game... can they do that...
    I'm finding it difficult to convince my head that they can.
    It will be a draw, and then 10 mins either way isn't it, and Jetta to kick a miracle goal with 10 seconds to go... an historic win for Sydney. But they will then have a couple of weeks rest don't they.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Veterans List
    I was away when we last played the Crows and only watched the game for the first time last night. The cleanness of their disposal was outstanding while we kept dropping marks. If we play with the fluency we had after that game we can win but we should be ready for the Crows doing what they did to us last time - and what the Cats did to us last week: out-tackled us and out-congested us.

The unknown will be the respective form of the two teams. I hope that the young Crows will be surprised by the intensity of finals footy and we win. I think if it's close we'll lose so I hope we get a surprise break on them as we have done so often this year but hang on for the win this time.

If we can reproduce the game against Hawks and first half against Cats, we should beat Adelaide. Swans by 17.

Senior Player
    In my mind, we should beat Adelaide any day of the week. Yet the stats to date say 10 wins, 22 losses. And right now, that's 5 wins and 11 losses at both the SCG and Football Park, so you can't even argue a home/away advantage. Can't get my head around it.

Swans by...not much, if they bring their very best.

Quote Originally Posted by ash3 View Post
    For some reason I just keep thinking we will flog them.

Swans by 40 plus.
    I have this feeling too. Will not be a close game.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    There is no burden on the Crows to win. What a load or rubbish.

Start another thread on jesse, it made more sense if that was possible.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast