Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reg - Suspension upheld. Out for 1 week

Reg - Suspension upheld. Out for 1 week

Reg is challenging his 1 match suspension. I read that he risks an extra week if he fails, but I thought it was only 1 week regardless.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Reg is challenging his 1 match suspension. I read that he risks an extra week if he fails, but I thought it was only 1 week regardless.
    Yep nothing to lose as original suspension was, He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction.

So remove the early plea reduction & he sits on 168.75 points which is a one game suspension.

Blog Entries
    from the Age.
    Sydney's Grundy was given a base penalty of two matches for elbowing Geelong's James Podsiadly in the head but can challenge the decision without risking an additional match ban thanks to his clean record over the past five years.

Read more: Cats consider challenge to Johnson ban

Quote Originally Posted by SydAFLFan View Post
    Yep nothing to lose as original suspension was, He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 points and a one-match sanction.

So remove the early plea reduction & he sits on 168.75 points which is a one game suspension.
    Had he not been given the good behavior deduction his points would return to 225 points and a two game suspension. It's the only bonus his good behavior record has helped with as without it & an early guilty plea he still would have received a one week ban.

I suspected we would, let's hope the tribunal see it for what it was, stupid but not worth a week

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    He won't get off and fortunately it will be only for one week.

Glandular fever last year, he has a week to contract ebola virus or bubonic plague to miss the rest.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    He won't get off and fortunately it will be only for one week.

Glandular fever last year, he has a week to contract ebola virus or bubonic plague to miss the rest.
    I think you are right that it's unlikely he will get off or the charge gets downgraded but Longmire seemed pretty confident in today's presser. When asked he roughly said "Obviously I cant talk about the details until the matter plays out tonight but I think we have a case to argue and thats why we have flown him down to Melbourne."

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

SEN's Daniel Harford said he believes Swans will argue the elbow was reckless and not intentional and therefore will bring the demerit points under the 1 match suspension. Hope he is right.

The outrage on other fansites will be hilarious if he gets off.

May need to heat up the large bag of popcorn.

I see SJ has accepted his 1 match and will be back for the semi. Another reason why this week is a must win. It would be cruel irony that he gets a week for an indiscretion against us and then comes back freshened up and primed for a big one and it's also against us....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Id be staggered if he got off, although nothing surprises me with the AFL MRP/tribunal system. Worth a contest if there is nothing to lose I suppose but I think we should plan without him for this weeks game.

Pushing for Selection
    All they need to do is plead the force was less than a reportable offence and then replay over and over and over, Judd elbowing Pav and splitting him open. It was judged as less than reportable force, so just keep hammering the point that the Judd hit is the benchmark for elbows and reportable force.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Should get off for that flyswat !

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    All they need to do is plead the force was less than a reportable offence and then replay over and over and over, Judd elbowing Pav and splitting him open. It was judged as less than reportable force, so just keep hammering the point that the Judd hit is the benchmark for elbows and reportable force.
    Sounds good to me.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast