Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Swans Finals Games

God that commentator even knocked their club song in the moment of victory...what a jerk.

Veterans List
    How good is that. Those whinging Geelong supporters have banged on all week on how wrong it was that Johnson got rubbed out. Johnson was shown in the box when Freo were smashing them, not looking too happy. Oh the consequences of one's actions in life. Smug, arrogant mob they are. And Neil Balme their Football Manager had the stupidity to say it was Hanners fault. What a tool. Suck it up whingers. I suppose it will be the umpires fault. Now Kelly got reported for unduly rough conduct in that he elbowed a Freo player IN PLAY. Given that Grundy got a week for a love tap in a scuffle Kelly must get a minimum 2 after reductions. Was a dirty act.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    So much for winning the flag from outside of the 4.
    If you live in Melbourne you would have heard all week how they were just coming into form, look out all other teams, that they are Hawthorn's bogy team, it was all over the flag is theirs, women ringing up saying what a mongrel Grundy was, they beat the second team easy etc etc etc. How sweet it is.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Very happy we won today because I wouldn't like us to come up against Freo in that sort of mood. Their defensive pressure was just amazing

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Non-Swans Finals Games

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    The dynasty of one of histories greatest ever sides is over. Great effort by the Dockers.
    And history will show that Freo were the team to end it!

Fabulous win by the Dockersx their defensive pressure was a highlight. Lyon might have darting eyes but the bloke surely deserves the credit for this given his involvement with us.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Just re-watched the clip of the Cats players pointing fingers at each other around quarter time on afl.com.au. Not pretty. Freo were terrific, but Geelong deserved what they got tonight.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    God I love Pav!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    God I love Pav!
    Separated from Jonathan la Paglia at birth.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Non-Swans Finals Games

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    God I love Pav!
    Me too. The best ever Dockers player sealed arguably the club's best ever win...

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Me too. The best ever Dockers player sealed arguably the club's best ever win...
    Pav deserves all the praise he gets. Like some of the superstars we have had (and Brisbane also) over the years that have been completely overlooked in Melbourne, if he played for a Melbourne club they would crow about him week in week out. He is a wonderful player, and a wonderful leader. Was at the freo-richmond game earlier this year in Melbourne, and even after losing Sandipants in the first couple of minutes, he lifted immensly and carried the team on to an excellent win - I think he kicked 5 or 6 that day, but in greasy, pretty ordinary conditions, he was about 4 rungs above any other player on the field.

It's all over for North at qrtr time.....looks like the twin coaches will be out of the finals race within 18 hours of each other.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

OK, I know I'm being childish here, but gee I think it's funny that the first two teams out of the finals are Vic teams.
    A bit reminiscent of the bad old days of the early to mid naughties when the comp was dominated by the interstate teams. The only thing that will keep the Melbourne media from going completely off their heads is that they will all be feeling very confident of Hawthorn being premiers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast