Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Swans Finals Games

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Crows are coming back - its going to be a cliff hanger!!! Looks like they didn't sell all the seats at AAMI either.
    An omen, if you ask me.

A crowd of 31,742 in a stadium with a capacity of over 50,000.

Either the Crows supporters are as fickle as ours, or the ticket prices proved too much.

Bruce even commented on the crowd size and said "something's wrong" well der??? The prices are what's wrong that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I just hope that Channel 7 lift their game for next week - this broadcast is one of the worst I have ever seen...
    I thought so too! Who wants a camera angle that gives a view like you're sitting in the crowd at the wrong end of the ground, or riding in a helicopter at 500ft?

Tonight we will no doubt get long, loving shots of Pies players instead of centre bounces.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Bruce even commented on the crowd size and said "something's wrong" well der??? The prices are what's wrong that's what.
    I believe he stated that it was small ,given the number of tickets (reportedly) sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    I believe he stated that it was small ,given the number of tickets (reportedly) sold.
    still the same problem tickets were too expensive. ( and he did say that something must be wrong in the last qtr for the crowd to be down )

Non-Swans Finals Games

Article on Afl website said tickets for last nights game for an adult were 45 bucks. Surely that's not a deterrent to see your team play in a home semi final. That cant have been much more than the qualifying final price ( which had a crowd of 44,000) and would only be about 20 bucks more than a H & A game ticket. I think they thought they were going to get done and sooked it up after losing last week.

I would think that a lot of fans (who already paid finals prices to see their team play the week before) decided to watch on TV and use the money saved to make the trip to Melbourne the following Saturday if they won.

$45 sounds fine, but when you add in parking, food and a family it becomes a lot to spend over multiple weekends.

Did the crowd just boo the quarter time siren? 3 more long quarters to knock each other flat please.

Remember Adelaide fans would had to pay quite a bit of money if you consider the 2 finals games and the fact that the Show is on now, right? I'd say the cost of those 3 events in a week is pretty high so in isolation the $45 doesn't seem too bad, but it a weekly budget it isn't viable.

Adelaide has less fairweather fans than we do so it will be really interesting to see how the prices affect attendance next friday. I'll tell you what, if there is less than 45 000 at the ground the blame will fall squarely on the AFL at its price extortion.

I'm just sad that it will be out team that suffers for their greediness. The team certainly deserves a massive crowd for a special effort this year.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Did the crowd just boo the quarter time siren? 3 more long quarters to knock each other flat please.
    Smack the crap out of each other thanks lads - the intensity thus far is huge - keep it going!!!!

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Article on Afl website said tickets for last nights game for an adult were 45 bucks. Surely that's not a deterrent to see your team play in a home semi final. That cant have been much more than the qualifying final price ( which had a crowd of 44,000) and would only be about 20 bucks more than a H & A game ticket. I think they thought they were going to get done and sooked it up after losing last week.
    The 'cheap' adult tickets (bronze) were $45. Ranged up to $80 for adult platinum. Surely there were limited numbers of bronze seats.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List
    Ferals and eagles clash is awesome. True finals intensity. Gonna be some sore bodies after it.

I hope wet toast can prevail.

By the way this might be stating the obvious but magpie fans are trashy bogans. The Cheer squad in particular are so feral. What's the point of hurling constant abuse and ranting when it ain't gonna change the decision.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast