Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Home preliminary vs collingwood

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Well that's me out, definitely can't get to Sydney for a Friday night game, bugger.
    7:50pm bounce. A few years back, we drove from Armidale direct to the SCG and just made it. But yes, you would have to leave no later than 1pm.

Edit: And loop around the traffic in Sydney when you arrive. Hmmm.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I've won handsomely over the years following this very rule. I'd have won even more however would never bet against Sydney when they were ridiculously short before the Hawks semi last year. I know the prices were seriously all over the place because of the Buddy knee factor, but we were never entitled to be anywhere near favourites on the back of a win over StKilda.

That said, if the rule is ever going to be broken, the Pies/Weagles game is when it will happen given it is 4 v 5 and there was not much between them in the end. If not for a seriously bad injury run which is now better, the Eagles probably would have edged the Pies out of 4th.

Maybe I'm just hoping for a Weagles win. We obviously have an excellent recent record against them and they are travelling to Melbourne this week on a 6 day break and if they win will need to come back to Sydney, again on a 6-day break. May just be the straw that breaks that camel's back...
    I would prefer an Eagles win, you must go with the numbers plus Eagles have a six day break.

As a footy lover, this is just an awesome finals series - the medias second favorite is already eliminated.

Either way I expect Eagles and C/wood to bash the suitcase out of one another, also looks like the tribunal and injuries will have a big bearing

Could Roughhead and Maxwell get two weeks? MRP will probably be controversial

My only worry is that we have been involved in all the unusual outcomes from this finals structure in terms of making the GF

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eagles will have two road trips too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Maxwell sure has. :-)

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ive been aware of this for a while, but never put any money down on it.

With the NRL finals now like the AFL, I think I might put $50 on all 4 finals in both codes this weekend, all backing the top 4 loser.
    I'm actually going to do the opposite. I can Definately see the cowboys upsetting manly and the raiders beating Souths. I won't put it past freo to choke the crows and eagles to outclass the pies.

The fear of straight set exit is greater than the desire for 2 finals wins.

Wobbles... Wet Coke Budgies...

Really don't want to see either of them win.

Can we play GWS?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Either way I expect Eagles and C/wood to bash the suitcase out of one another, also looks like the tribunal and injuries will have a big bearing

Eagles game was pretty "bruise free" based on Luke Darcy on the afl site. I don't have high hopes that it will be a real slug-fest. Still - our preparation has been perfect. Very hard games followed by a week break.

My only regret is that my fantasy has gone off the rails. We had the close regular season win as per plan, but we weren't supposed to meet and beat the pies until the grand final :-(

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Magpie win

I would prefer an Eagles win, you must go with the numbers plus Eagles have a six day break.

As a footy lover, this is just an awesome finals series - the medias second favorite is already eliminated.

My only worry is that we have been involved in all the unusual outcomes from this finals structure in terms of making the GF
    Can't Believe I am the only one hoping for a Magpie win. They are short of confidence at the moment and two hard games in a row will take its toll. History will mean nothing. Though I feel confident the Eagles will win.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Can't Believe I am the only one hoping for a Magpie win. They are short of confidence at the moment and two hard games in a row will take its toll. History will mean nothing. Though I feel confident the Eagles will win.
    I am also hoping for a Pies win. And not because I think it will be easier, but rather it's an important hurdle for the Swans to jump to take it to the next level. If they beat the Pies, they will go into the GF full of confidence. They know they can beat WCE, so even though we would be more likely to get in the GF, it would not be the confidence boost that a victory over CW would be. It would be like winning a GF before the real GF. If we can beat the Pies then no one can doubt the GF will be between the two best sides. Even Eddie would have to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I am also hoping for a Pies win. And not because I think it will be easier, but rather it's an important hurdle for the Swans to jump to take it to the next level. If they beat the Pies, they will go into the GF full of confidence. They know they can beat WCE, so even though we would be more likely to get in the GF, it would not be the confidence boost that a victory over CW would be. It would be like winning a GF before the real GF. If we can beat the Pies then no one can doubt the GF will be between the two best sides. Even Eddie would have to admit it.
    Except he wouldn't. He'd say how tough they had it going into the Prelim, playing Hawks first-up, exhausting game v. Eagles, coming up against a rested Swans, robbed of recovery time by the NRL, etc etc.

Playing the Pies in the Prelim would make for great drama. What a perfect opportunity for us to break their stranglehold at the worst possible time for them.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

We broke the Crow hoodoo last week. Now we have to break the Magpie hoodoo.

Yes, of course, Eddie would make every excuse in the book. What a pleasure to see him squirm.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast