Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final will be on Friday Night @ ANZ Stadium 7:50pm Bounce

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    How long does the express from Central to Olympic Park take? I usually don't have to come from the city and they don't have timetables up yet

How do AFL prelim prices compare to the NRL game the following night?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    How long does the express from Central to Olympic Park take? I usually don't have to come from the city and they don't have timetables up yet
    It takes about 20-25 minutes or so from Redfern, so will be just under half an hour from Central. If you're not originating your journey at Central (ie you have to change somewhere from another line), it is much better to catch the OP service from Redfern because all the trains stop at the same platform. From Central they leave from all sorts of different platforms - often at opposite ends of the station.

I was under the impression that if I caught the train from Redfern I'd have to change at Lidcombe. Or is the Olympic Park sprint service (I think that's the term they use) cover Central-Redfern-Strathfield-Olympic Park ?

The special events service runs Central - Redfern - Strathfield - Olympic Park.

The sprint service runs Lidcombe - Olympic Park 7 days a week.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Thanks that helps me heaps.

Might add that each time I've caught the special event train from Central it's left from the Country Trains platforms...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by J_Moore View Post
    Those prices are absurd.
    I'm going to an NFL game in New York on Sunday (NY Giants v Tampa Bay) and a very middle of the road ticket cost me $250!!!
    up the guts

Hv Pre paid P1 parking. And have passed my invite to Spice temple to my boss (browny points there) for a function I was supposed to attend that day. Hope the weather holds - that who ever we play their flights are diverted or delayed for some lame reason and they get the bad prawn sandwiches - you know the drill. Still cant believe its happening !!!

A long shot I know - but is anyone in NYC going to the be watching the game (5.50am Friday morning - ouch) at the pub?

I'm told the Galwey Hooker in midtown is a good place to watch AFL.
    up the guts

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    How do AFL prelim prices compare to the NRL game the following night?
    Not sure, but Catgeory 1 tickets for the NRL Grand Final are advertised as being $200 on Ticketek's website. That compares more than favourably with $390 Platinum Seats for the AFL Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Are you able to buy bronze but ensure you get behind the posts as opposed to the other ones?

My kids like to sit there anyway so it would be a cost saving option for me.
    Unless the system has changed then you won't be able to sort out seating choice online. You can try for your preferred price, abandon if you don't get the section you want and try again but you may still not get the right section. you won't know whether it's because the section is full or because those seats are what the computer judges to be 'best'. If you call, then you ought to be able to discuss what's available with the person at the other end of the phone.

Not sure if you can do the transaction over the counter still. In 2005 I went into the Ticketek office in Canberra to book our Semi-Final tickets. We ended up sitting in the same place as for H&A matches because I was able to talk face-to-face with a person.
    Conrad

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast