Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should MM play the Ressies GF?

Yep, give him a chance to play in A granny. He has been there all year, is leading the comp in goals, it would be a bit mean to deny him that chance imho. He will be fine and available to play the next week. He missed a bit to start with so hasn't played a full season yet.

And besides, I don't think Horse had him in realistic finals sights in the first place. It was a chance and MM took it. There is a dilemma brewing I suspect.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the veteran's list
    Play him. He's not in our best 22 if McGlynn is fit and Grundy comes back in.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I would have thought if anyone needed game time it would be Luke Parker, subbed in the last 2 games. The problem is that the reserves are limited to 12 listed players in total for the whole game and playing anyone for a half would significantly impact on our chances of winning the flag.

Pushing for Selection
    Dilemma being a repeat of the Geelong/mark Blake variety? If we are going to use Morton, and McGlynn is fit then who misses out? I love pyke but has been making a few mistakes of late. Could be a liability? But surely we couldn't? I think the 2 ruck has been working to a degree.

Too risky IMO.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Murphy's law !!! Why would you risk him being injured?? Injuries happen in the magoos too. And I can guarantee should he play, get injured and Mcglynn not be fit To fill the spot (which I would err on the side of caution with that one anyway ) the carry on here on RWO would be massive!! I'm pretty sure no other club would be that stupid,

I think the 5-day turnaround would preclude anybody even remotely in line for a seniors gig to be getting a run in the ressies GF...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I think the 5-day turnaround would preclude anybody even remotely in line for a seniors gig to be getting a run in the ressies GF...
    Exactly my feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Exactly my feelings!
    Me too. If he is selected in 2s won't be in prelim squad (but that may not necessarily rule him out of GF should we make it). It might be too early for Horse to make a call on the prelim team (has to know who we are playing and any new injuries in opponents before starting on game plan and match-ups), so he probably won't be available for the 2s in case he is needed.

The only players I'd be willing to risk are our emergencies (so Walsh and Armstrong) but none of the regulars in our 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Murphy's law !!! Why would you risk him being injured?? Injuries happen in the magoos too. And I can guarantee should he play, get injured and Mcglynn not be fit To fill the spot (which I would err on the side of caution with that one anyway ) the carry on here on RWO would be massive!! I'm pretty sure no other club would be that stupid,
    Yep far too much at risk, particulary with Benny injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I would have thought if anyone needed game time it would be Luke Parker, subbed in the last 2 games. The problem is that the reserves are limited to 12 listed players in total for the whole game and playing anyone for a half would significantly impact on our chances of winning the flag.
    I quite like the idea of Mitch playing in the reserves this week. If he's not a definite for the Prelim, then definitely should play him.

I think listed players have to have played a certain number of reserves games to play in the NEAFL GF, so don't think Parker would be eligible anyway. Otherwise if we'd been eliminated we could send half the seniors down to give a clinic.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast