Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should MM play the Ressies GF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I quite like the idea of Mitch playing in the reserves this week. If he's not a definite for the Prelim, then definitely should play him.
    Exactly. MM for all his good work last weekend, is still a fringe player. If he gets injured, its hardly the end of the world compared to a Mummy, Goodes or Richards injury.

He's had limited game time the past month. Unless he's carrying an injury, a run in the twos would seem ideal for his fitness base going into a prelim and granny.

The question is really would he be mentally up for it. He may put in an ordinary game as he's avoiding contact to avoid injury, and that wont do anyone any good.

Unless you are inside his head how would you know what he is thinking or trying to do. Would you take such a risk honestly ? If he played and got injured and McGlynn was still out - the hue and cry here would be massive - now is not the time to take such risks.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Should MM play the Ressies GF?

Yes. They all should play.

Longmire was quoted in this morning's SMH saying that Morton, Walsh, Armstrong, White & Spangher would all play in the Ressies GF but their time on the ground would be regulated.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Longmire gives green light for stars to play reserves final

5 players out of 12 listed ones with limited game time. That's going to be an interesting logistical challenge alone.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No Mitchy M after all

B: Rory Pryor, Doug Hadden, Erol Sertbas
    HB: Thomas Green, Jack McKinlay, David Lycakis
    C: Blake Guthrie, Nathan Kenny, Jordan Weir
    HF: Beau Heeney, Jarred Moore, Jackson Potter
    F: Matt Spangher, Tony Armstrong, Harry Cunningham
    Foll: Tommy Walsh, Jed Lamb, Nathan Gordon

Int: (from) Trent Dennis-Lane, Dylan McNeil, Brett Meredith, Campbell Heath, Jesse White, Jack Lynch, Eugene Kruger

In: Armstrong, Kruger, Meredith, Walsh, Guthrie, Hadden, Heeney, Kenny, Lycakis, Pryor, Weir
    Out: Andrejs Everitt, Mitch Morton, Nathan Bosschieter, Daniel Cullen, James Dunn, Bradley Plug, Daniel Schacher, Thomas Thurgarland, Stephen Wray

2 listed players to be cut - Kruger will be one of them not sure on the identity of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No Mitchy M after all
    Would be hard for Mitch to give up the ressies GF after the contribution he's made this year. I wonder if he had a say in it. Whichever way the decision was made its the correct one IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Would be hard for Mitch to give up the ressies GF after the contribution he's made this year. I wonder if he had a say in it. Whichever way the decision was made its the correct one IMO.
    If they said to him 'You are definately in next week, but we'll let you play in the ressies if you like' it would be a total no-brainer to say 'I'll pass on the ressies, thx'...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Pleased that Morton's playing seniors again; right call not to play him on Sunday.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Should MM play the Ressies GF?

I think Morton's QF performance earned himself a spot in the PF, Longmire's thinking would probably be to keep continuity in the forward structure where possible so close to a grand final...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Poor old Jesse, dominant player of the comp for the last month or so, named to the team of the year and can't get his name printed in the starting lineup for the fancy photocopied record of the GF!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123