Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd number for preliminary final

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

The prices are a huge turn off when you are trying to introduce more people to the game. I can't ask any of my friends to come, because who would pay that sort of money for something they don't really care about?

Just on a side note (not that I'm suggesting anything...) :

Footy frauds cost AFL with online ticketing scam

The staff at ANZ aren't very attentive let's be honest, but I'm not sure about how 'on' they will be at a prelim with a very large crowd.

Pushing for Selection
    I know the ticket prices are a rip off for this game but guys, seriously?!? This is the prelim...the game to get us into the big one! An extra $30 or so shouldn't be the difference whether you go or not. As an earlier post said, it could be years before we make it this far again. I live in tassie and I attended last weeks game in Adelaide and flights were $600 alone, not to mention tickets and accommodation. I will be doing the same next week too. Let's get as many to the game as possible. Anything under 50k would be a disappointment IMO.

I'm with you on this Buzz. PFs are a rare and wonderful thing to watch your team participate in. Having been to all four of ours since 1996, the joy of witnessing our team win its way through to another GF is something I wouldnt miss no matter how much it cost.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

I'm sure everybody here wants to go, most will go, but the reality is some might be priced out. Think of a family; that's a lot of money for a couple of hours of entertainment. Now by comparison sitting at home watching it for free might be preferable. While I'm making the trip to Sydney for the game and forking out the money and time, I completely understand is some fans decide that they can't.

Anyway, when I attended the prelim against Freo in 06 I'm certain the price wasn't nearly so high. I got great seats too for a reasonable price. I reckon if I tried to pay the same I'd be up in the nosebleed section on Level 6.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    I know the ticket prices are a rip off for this game but guys, seriously?!? This is the prelim...the game to get us into the big one! An extra $30 or so shouldn't be the difference whether you go or not. As an earlier post said, it could be years before we make it this far again. I live in tassie and I attended last weeks game in Adelaide and flights were $600 alone, not to mention tickets and accommodation. I will be doing the same next week too. Let's get as many to the game as possible. Anything under 50k would be a disappointment IMO.
    Yes, seriously. I usually go to games with my parents - we're all members. All three of us will be watching this on the tale however. They are pensioners and I'm a mum of three young kids in a single income family. We had to make a choice: fork over a ridiculous amount of money for a prelim final ticket or keep our fingers, toes and nose hairs crossed and hopefully use that money along with every penny we can scrimp and save, for a ticket, accom and travel the following week. We could not afford both, it's as simple as that. Dad missed out on the GF in 2005 because he had to work (gave his ticket to my brother), so it wasn't that hard a decision really.

Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    It's quite extraordinary that you can ascertain peoples financial status from behind your keyboard and then judge them. Also where do you get the extra $30 from. The cheapest tickets to the PF are a lot more than that. Some have families to think about as well. So your extra $30 is way off he mark.

If we make the GF it's going to cost me a $1,000 to take my nephew down. To afford that I might have to give the Prelim a miss which will cost me about $150 at the minimum to attend.

So please think before you post. People on here are diehards and the decision not go is a bloody tough one and we don't need unthinking people casting judgement.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It is all relative. I paid $148.00 for a family ticket to the Crows game: two adults, two children; gold class tickets. Included was a free bus ride to and from the game from the other side of town. An additional but unexpected bonus was meeting up with Dale Lewis, and having pictures taken. The seats, game and fantastic outcome made it a great day out. People spend that sort of money just to go the Easter Show.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    It is all relative. I paid $148.00 for a family ticket to the Crows game: two adults, two children; gold class tickets. Included was a free bus ride to and from the game from the other side of town. An additional but unexpected bonus was meeting up with Dale Lewis, and having pictures taken. The seats, game and fantastic outcome made it a great day out. People spend that sort of money just to go the Easter Show.
    It will be approx $275 for a similar category family ticket for next week's final - unfortunately this will turn some people off, even though it promises to be a great night out...

Happy and I know it
    It's pricing for the preliminary final that appalls me. Weeks 1 & 2 of the finals seem acceptable (finals are special, after all), but in week 3 they are nearly double the weeks 1 & 2 prices. IMO, this shows yet another way that the AFL doesn't understand the Sydney market.

Like DLBIA14 says, "The prices are a huge turn off when you are trying to introduce more people to the game. I can't ask any of my friends to come, because who would pay that sort of money for something they don't really care about?"

Those prices + Friday night game + ANZ stadium = 20,000-30,000 in my opinion. Fewer if we play West Coast because I would expect fewer of their fans to be able to attend.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

The prelim is the biggest AFL game Sydney can ever host. You pay whatever it takes to get there.

I will be going for sure. It's such a shame that they have stuffed up the ticket prices and made them so expensive.

Huge error for the AFL. Unforgiveable considering they want to grow the game in Western Sydney.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast