Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd number for preliminary final

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It's quite extraordinary that you can ascertain peoples financial status from behind your keyboard and then judge them. Also where do you get the extra $30 from. The cheapest tickets to the PF are a lot more than that. Some have families to think about as well. So your extra $30 is way off he mark.

If we make the GF it's going to cost me a $1,000 to take my nephew down. To afford that I might have to give the Prelim a miss which will cost me about $150 at the minimum to attend.

So please think before you post. People on here are diehards and the decision not go is a bloody tough one and we don't need unthinking people casting judgement.
    Sorry if I offended anybody but this was certainly not a personal attack on anyone. Al the $30 figure I got is the fact that u pay around $50-60 for a good ticket during weeks 1-2 of finals and now the tickets are $90. This is obviously for an individual. I was just excited as we all are so forgive my enthusiasm for hoping and wanting a good crowd there.

Re: Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The prelim is the biggest AFL game Sydney can ever host. You pay whatever it takes to get there.
    Can you let me know which bill I don't pay this month or where there's a good place for my nephew and I to sleep in the car at the GF.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Pushing for Selection
    Can you let me know which bill I don't pay this month or where there's a good place for my nephew and I to sleep in the car at the GF.
    Give me your account number al and I will pay for your prelim ticket. Would love to have you there!

I sometimes wonder whether someone at the AFL ever takes the time to look at fan feedback such as this thread... or whether they're just oblivious to how a lot of fans feel about ticket prices etc....

Re: Crowd number for preliminary final

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Sorry if I offended anybody but this was certainly not a personal attack on anyone. Al the $30 figure I got is the fact that u pay around $50-60 for a good ticket during weeks 1-2 of finals and now the tickets are $90. This is obviously for an individual. I was just excited as we all are so forgive my enthusiasm for hoping and wanting a good crowd there.
    We all want a good crowd but sometimes the financial reality is that some may not make it. That tough choice for a diehard has to be respected.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It's not really about us rusted on fans. Most of us will be there regardless and those that can't would probably kill to get there.

It's about the casual observer who is just not going to fork out $100+ for a ticket to have a look at a game they have no huge emotional attachment to, thus a golden opportunity is being missed by the AFL to gain punters who in the future may get that emotional attachment by attending a blockbuster...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    It's not really about us rusted on fans. Most of us will be there regardless and those that can't would probably kill to get there.

It's about the casual observer who is just not going to fork out $100+ for a ticket to have a look at a game they have no huge emotional attachment to, thus a golden opportunity is being missed by the AFL to gain punters who in the future may get that emotional attachment by attending a blockbuster...
    Yep, I reckon that's a really good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I sometimes wonder whether someone at the AFL ever takes the time to look at fan feedback such as this thread... or whether they're just oblivious to how a lot of fans feel about ticket prices etc....
    Has the AFL conducted any market research on these ticket prices?

If ticket prices were tracking the CPI, then compared to the prelim against Freo in '06, a platinum ticket for this year's prelim would be about $120-125. Instead, they're $160.

No wonder people are complaining. Ticket prices are inflating more than the cost of a drink, and that's saying something.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Absolutely. A large crowd to a prelim in Sydney this year, especially with GWS having been added to the market, should be more important than the money they can pull in.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Pushing for Selection

What are the $70 tickets like? Would they be appealing to the casual observer or those that can't fork out more?

The $70 tickets are 5 bays behind the goal square (cheersquad and a couple of bays either side) at each end of the ground. They are also the upper reaches of Level 6 (nosebleed).

The casual observer will have little, if any, chance of obtaining the lower seats as I'm sure they will be all snapped up by members on Monday. Also the southern end of the ground will be reserved for Opposition members. If we are playing the Pies, they will most certainly take every available cheap seat at that end.

For the cash strapped member, they are reasonable seats...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

You are perhaps being a little melodramatic.

$90+ is a fair price for preliminary finals tickets. For non gold-plated members, there is little or no chance of seeing the swans in a grand final. Not just because of ticket restrictions, but also prices (min $500 scalped), but just because its 1000km away in melbourne.

Prelim finals are, for the vast majority of sydney-siders, the pinnacle of AFL that they can attend.
    $90+ is cheaper than the NRL grand final. The pinnacle of rugby leage in Sydney.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast